1971 Ford Torino GT Fastback (Need Help)

Guest StormChaser

Guest StormChaser

I am refurbishing a 1971 Ford Torino GT Fastback. I am currently having a great deal of difficulty finding a few things and have been at a stand still now for about 3 weeks. I would apreciate any help that anyone can lend in this search. The following are the descriptions and partnumbers that I have obtained.

Inner rear fender sheet metal D10BR-731?3 the ? is shown as what appears to be a symbol of a D inside a circle

Left and right sport mirror bases. Part numbers D0OB1771-AW for the Right and D1WB-17743-BWA for the Left.

I also need the chrome or polished aluminum for the fender wells and I do not have a part number for them as of yet.

Guest StormChaser

Thank you for "Year One" I just checked them and they do have some ford stuff but mostly Mustang.

Here are some of the places that I have tried.

*Auto Krafters*

*Mac's Auto Parts*

*Dennis Carpenter*

*DearBornClassics"

*ClassicAutoParts*

*Perogie*

*Rust Repair*

*Melvins Classic Ford Parts*

All of these are great resources, however as for the mirror bases and inner fenders they just don't seem to have any solutions. I have found one place that seems to have what I need but they are not returning phone calls that is West Coast Classic Cougar Inc. :: Specializing in 1967 through 1979 Mercury Cougar Parts

Guest pete324rock

I had a '70 cyclone gt quite a few years ago, before the internet, and it was a dead end for finding parts. I can imagine though,even now, it would still be a struggle. Hopefully you have tried all the various clubs for mercury/ford of that era. I still have cyclone bits and pieces hanging around and torinos were good donors for parts

Wondering just how poor shape the parts you are trying to replace are.... you can fix just about anything with enough time/money. Corrosion can always be healed, but I know, new parts are nicer and easier.

Guest StormChaser

The mirror bases are broken and the inner fenders are rusted through beyond repair. I am checking into fabrication but to no avail thus far.

Guest pete324rock
The mirror bases are broken and the inner fenders are rusted through beyond repair. I am checking into fabrication but to no avail thus far.

Broken can be welded if you have some of the pieces-did you see the link for muggy weld? a lot of the mirrors were similar for those cars. I know cyclone (montego)and torino shared a lot of styles. Did you try a cyclone club. Pretty sure there is one somewhere on the net. I remember seeing a cyclone-old ford junkyard pics somewhere on the net although picked over pretty good.

a quick search: have you been here? hope the link works-contact that guy-click advice

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=cyclonemontegotorinoregistry

Edited by pete324rock
more info (see edit history)

Stormchaser, Did you call Dennis Carpenter, or just check them online?

In addition to what they have online, they often have other stuff available, some new, some used.... If it exists somewhere, they might know. Good luck!

Guest abh3usn

Storm, try Auto Krafters http://www.autokrafters.com/v4/go.gnf?session=bc2ed705cfb3d04693df1f56752ced39&s=autokrafters&t=&d=searchResults&n=default&ACESSearch=1&makeId=54&modelId=700&yearId=1971&subModelId= I bought parts from them back in '92 when I had my '67 Fairlane. I also had the problem of all the Ford part suppliers only having Mustang stuff. These guys have quite a bit of non-Mustang parts and were very reasonable. -Steve

• 3 years later...
Guest 70_Torino_Guy

Hey StormChaser, I am restoring a 1970 Torino formal roof myself and yes alot of parts are difficult to find. Dearborn Classics is one of a few places that I have found that supply "SOME" parts for the 70-71 torino's. Ford Restoration Parts - Falcon, Fairlane, Galaxie, Or Mercury Comet - Ford Parts

Macs Auto Parts is another. MAC's Antique Auto Parts - Model A Ford Parts & V8 Flathead Ford Parts, Model T Ford, 1948-79 Ford Pickup, 1955-66 Ford Thunderbird & 1949-59 Ford& Mercury Parts

I just purchased my 70 Torino a month ago that had a rear end collision and damaged the trunk lid, tail light cross member, lower trunk cross member, and rear bumper. I haven't had any luck finding new replacement parts for this area YET. A donor car is needed for this. If we can help each other, I don't mind keeping a look out for parts for you. Good luck and let me know if I can help. Oh, does anyone have an electronic copy of the illustrated parts break down for the 1970-1971 Ford Torino?

Jason