1948 Desoto motor tranny and rear end

78airdoctor

I think $800 is very reasonable! And thats with shipping too. i dont know when you can find all that stuff matching out of the same car for 200. Not even at a swap meet. And by the way DPAUL272, ill have the front fame clip complete with two rims if your interested in that as well.

Edited by 78airdoctor (see edit history)

seems you offered that setup for sale July last year..still got that eh..for 800.00 I think you will have it some time to come but good luck just the same...with shipping included and no limits on distance stated in your post (quick you have time to edit this) ..someone in Australia needing a possible core to rebuild could come out so-so

1st, i offered it last year with no price, 2nd if a guy in australia wants the stuff, too bad he pays for shipping or he doesnt get it! and like i said before, ill hang on to the **** forever if i have too. again im just trying to put this stuff out there if some one needs it. i dont NEED to sell it. And if your not interested then lay off.

I brought home a Chrysler flathead industrial engine last week. It cost me a non running VW engine and came with its own trailer and test stand. Hope to put it in my DeSoto this summer. They aren't that hard to find. I turned down a 1951 Plymouth engine, trans, and rear axle for $225 a month ago. Out of a running car.

• 1 month later...

I am new to Desoto's however i purchased my fathers 46 s11 custom, i have thought about going hemi in mine however i also love the sound of the flathead, there is a lot you can do to them. so for now i am going to be setting mine out pretty stock outside the interior paint and wheels. My opinion is the motor and tranny are worth whatever you can get for them. on the net i see trannys for around 250 - 300, engines from 500-1500 however you have to find a desoto owner without a motor or needing a spare.

as far as the chevy, no im not to much of a chevy guy myself, however it is great that people are still trying to get these tanks back on the road no matter what powers them. I'd rather see a chevy in a desoto than a chevy in a 34 ford coupe