Sign in to follow this  
garys64wildcat

HELP needed for my My Cat

:(My fellow Buick Lovers:(

I have the muffler on my 64 Wildcat Convert, single exhaust. I replaced it in 1982 at Midas Muffler and have a lifetime warranty.

The problem is Midas will honor the warranty but they dont have any available anymore. there part # is 2030M.

I have tried several sources Cars, Gardner, etc with no luck. Do any of you have a lead for a stock muffler and some stock exhaust hangers that look close to original. I hate to mickey mouse something to fit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gary

gandcman@hotmail.com

Try Martin Johnson at mjexhaust@voyager.net. He is in Michigan and advertises in Hemmings. I have purchased mufflers for both a '62 Skylark and '63 Electra from him. Both oddball transverse mufflers and they fit perfectly. Your '64 Wildcat should be close if not the same as my '63 Electra. Reasonable prices and very easy to deal with.

I've bought a lot of exhaust systems and parts from Waldrons. Pleased with their coverage & quality.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I have found the info I need. I would be lost w/o the AACA members who share my interest. I hope to return the favor someday

Gary