Ok non posters..wake up

Mssr. Bwatoe

Well..................summer is great..Your supposed to fired up about

cars now, unless you stay out all night....thats cool too..just drive a zephyr..

Anybody check gas mileage??? I thought lz won the mobil fuel challenge of 1941...Myv-12 with od.seems to be thirsty 15mpg tops...Some times if you write enough bs..people respond...........

Hey Phil, are these cars gas hogs??

Guest german37zephyr

Hi Bwatoe,

yep, 15 mpg, that's roughly what I'm getting here in Germany's traffic out of my 37 w/o OD. I guess it's way less on a constant highway ride.

I have never checked the gas mileage on my old Lincolns. I don't think I really want to know!

You may remember that the '41 Lincoln Zephyr that won the fuel economy prize was equipped with BOTH a Columbia axle AND a Borg-Warner transmission overdrive. 1941 was the only year that both overdrives were available in Lincolns.

It must have been an really exciting performer in compound overdrive!

My, my Mssr. Bawatoe, You've been busy. Several weeks ago you replied to my post about dashboard knobs and you attached a photo of a '40 dash. Is that your '40? Question: Are the dash knobs original and are they the same color as the steering wheel, chocolate brown?

Keep up the posting. I check this site every night and it's good to see more postings.

K

40 standard trims have brown plastic tan knobs ..door lock pulls etc..metal trim is also tan metallic..hardware is chrome..seats are cloth / mohair etc.

40 Custom trim, an option..inc leather trimmed seats, maroon wheel and knobs ..lock pulls..ashtray knobs..dash and trim painted deep burgandy metallic and all cranks and brightwork is gold macoid (unusual shiny gold with thick plastic coating) ..some folks gold plate..some paint gold some brass..no real good solution....40 lz model 76 conv, was only issued with custom trim as standard. allother cars it was an option..

mb