Difference in the 1922 & 1923 Dodges

Guest imouttahere

Joe, you mean "seen" that coming, OK? Please don't write so ungrammatically. It is really embarrassing to read.

First of all, you need to specify what you mean by a "1922" and a "1923" DB. There was an early and a late series 1922 DB (i.e., pre and post-July 1, 1922) . The late series '22 was very much like the '23.

Some of the changes in the late-series '22 were: 3-1/2" higher radiator, hood and cowl; the windshield was angled back further (I think; not sure; correct me if I'm wrong about this) and was curved at the bottom rather than straight; the horn button was moved from the driver's door to the center of the steering wheel; semi-floating rear axle rather than full-floating; wider radiator splash shield; re-designed touring and roadster tops with an exposed bow at the upper rear corners; outer handles were added to the doors; the instrument panel was inclined rather than vertical; a radiator with 6 banks of tubes, with a larger fan that was moved back 3/16" to make room for the thicker radiator; fan shaft relocated on the top of the cylinder head, with a grease cup rather than an Alemite nipple; a NorthEast speedometer rather than Johns-Manville; Lynite pistons replaced gray iron ones; battery reversed to negative ground in order to reduce electrolysis; seat cushion springs 2" wider; Hyatt roller bearings and horizontal cover-locking pins in the transmission; buttonless upholstery; the footrest rail was moved forward 1 inch; no windlace on the door pillars; steel running boards replaced wooden ones on January 1, 1923; thin-leaf springs; longer drag link; tail lamp after January 19, 1923; and a re-designed NorthEast starter-generator with the fuse box on top after January 29, 1923. All these were running changes, introduced at various times during 1922-23. In addition there were a number of other, more minor changes.

Guest imouttahere

Joe Cozza wrote: "By the way, why haven't you responded to my question in the other thread about the meet? Did it really happen? I think not!"

Yes, Joe, it really happened, but I'm not going to let you bait me any further. If you don't want to learn to write grammatically, and intend to make fun of anyone who tells you that you lack elementary English skills, then I'm just not going to take you seriously in the future.

And I did take the matter up with the DBC leadership. They didn't care because they are obviously more interested in keeping their members happy than in seeing young people take an interest in our cars.

Guest imouttahere

keiser31 wrote: "imouttahere...you mean "ingrammatically" don't you? As Popeye would say..."it's embarassking to read"."

That was a fatuous statement, primarily but not entirely because it was a complete non sequitur. Why do you want to make a fool of yourself this way?

Joe Cozza wrote: "By the way, why haven't you responded to my question in the other thread about the meet? Did it really happen? I think not!"

Yes, Joe, it really happened, but I'm not going to let you bait me any further. If you don't want to learn to write grammatically, and intend to make fun of anyone who tells you that you lack elementary English skills, then I'm just not going to take you seriously in the future.

And I did take the matter up with the DBC leadership. They didn't care because they are obviously more interested in keeping their members happy than in seeing young people take an interest in our cars.

Just the year or location please.

Guest Bob Call

I don't think english should have been capitalized, or capitalised, in the above post. Capitalizing, or capitalising, english skills implies a reference to one's profeiency in the act of being or acting as if they are English. Is using capitalised and capitalising an actual practicing of English skills?

Edited by Bob Call (see edit history)

I don't think english should have been capitalized, or capitalised, in the above post. Capitalizing, or capitalising, english skills implies a reference to one's profeiency in the act of being or acting as if they are English. Is using capitalised and capitalising an actual practicing of English skills?

What does using "profeiency" imply?;)

Guest imouttahere

Thanks for the correction, Bob!

Wow, that original top really disintegrated when I drove over to see you that day in 1986. I had to make a new top for my car after that visit. The pictures you posted show my car in factory-original condition at that time. I had just purchased it from a car museum that had kept it in storage for 40 years.

Joe, you didn't thank me for listing all the differences between the '22 and the 23.

Edited by imouttahere (see edit history)