TC Radiator needed ASAP !!!!

Guest LIT MUSE

Guest LIT MUSE

URGENT!

My TC is running hot and small leaks were found in a check. Fan is running good.

Need to reaplace the radiaror. Anyone know were is a good source to get it......This car is a daily commute.

Thx,

Shay

Guest Gail Dressell

Just noticed , MTWORKSHOP posted one for sale under Parts for Sale on this site 2 days ago.

Good luck,

Gail

Guest LIT MUSE

Hi,

I found one in AUTOPARTS.COM for $124 and free shipping.

They prommised that it is the part I need for 3.0 automatic. I am changing the upper hose as well.

Thanks,

Shay

Guest My TC Toy

My opinion would be to have the old one re-cored or replaced with a new unit. In that way you have a warranty. Looking at an used unit is really false economy. The very least you would want to do with a used one is to have it tested.

Guest LIT MUSE

The radiator test showed leaks from the side heathers and from the bottom. Steam was coming out from around the upper hose connection. I hoped it is only the hose but it was from the radiator body therefore core replacement is not enough...This is 1990 TC 3.0 Automatic. They promise the replacement will fit....we'll see when it arrives<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

have you tried online i think at Radiators at Radiators.com: Car Radiator, Auto Radiators, Performance Radiators, Automotive Radiators i ordered a radiator for a 84 Turbo Laser and thats older and they managed to be able to get the radiator right and ship it to me for a good price. the 3.0 radiator was used for soo long that its really a common radiator, the dealers rarely keep anything around, same with radiator shops

Guest LIT MUSE

I have a new radiator in a box for sale. I had to fix my car the same day and order one on line that arrived 5 days later. To long shipping time. Let me know if somebody is interested. Pictures upon request. Lit Muse is running great now.

Thx

Shay

URGENT!

My TC is running hot and small leaks were found in a check. Fan is running good.

Need to reaplace the radiaror. Anyone know were is a good source to get it......This car is a daily commute.

Thx,

Shay

Why don't you tell us what year and what engine you have? Don't you think that might just make a little difference as to what advice we give you?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I thought it was mentioned before.

It is for 1990, 3.0 LT, Automatic. Tnx.

Sorry that I missed that. For the TCs with the 3.0L engine, a similar year LeBaron radiator is the same.

For the 8 valve 89 TC models, the radiator is similar to the Turbo Intercooled Daytona radiator used in 89 and earlier models.

There is a small difference between the radiators in the 8 valve and the 16 valve ones used in 89 TCs.

The 90 TC with the 16 valve engine used a different radiator which had plastic tanks rather than the all metal radiators used in 89.

I have a few of each. Some used, 2 re-cored and 'like new' for the 8 valve 89 TC.