Replacing battery tray

Guest barra

Guest barra

My battery tray dissolved away from the side of the car. The tray is still available through GM and I ordered one. The hardware to hold the battery in place is not in their parts computer and a NAPA dealer thought that something universal would serve. I'm not a mechanic. Does this tray bolt to the frame member or is something more required. Currently, the only thing holding my battery in place are the cables. That was another reason I flew to the Nationals in Colorado Springs, besides its being cheaper to fly than drive. It was great meeting Mr. Eaton, the Gills,Sealanders and Madsens.

Guest mounthopewalt

I painted mine Tremclad Black. Unfortunately, the tray was not designed to drain properly.

My battery tray dissolved away from the side of the car.

So, hows the surrounding area holding up? Sorry, but not recalling exactly where the battery sits but if its on the wheelhouse that might start to rust too?

When you get a new or used tray paint it with some POR-15 rust preventative paint and rust wont be a prob for the life of the car. Stuff works great!

Guest barra

Thank you for the information about the paint. The bottom of the tray was stuck to the battery and I was able to see the ground through the engine compartment. I will ask about any other rust that might be there. The car was undercoated and I could see no corrosion. I will get the tray treated before installation.