need a interchange part number for 1990 16V timing belt

I'm looking online and advance and autozone show the same timing belt for 90 DOHC masi 16V and a standard 2.2L 8V. do you know if its correct or if not what the correct belt is because i still have it on the car and want to change it soon but dont know if there is a Dayco or Goodyear # that interchanges

yea thats the number arizona parts has listed too. i think this isnt right and i have to take it back because of parts counter incompetence and Dayco.com i typed in the mopar number and it does have an interchange for dayco to 94423

Wholesalemopar.com has the correct belt 4425951 and its listed at 55.30. i called and asked and had them look it up and the application and i ordered 2. they said 25 were available

That's a good price IMO, I paid over $80. each for the NOS belts I got by harrassing my neighbor (a Dodge parts counter guy) into searching the entire country for a few spares. He found six back then ( a couple 3 years ago?) but at the time I didn't know of any stashes of the proper Italian belt.

Lou, did yours come from wholesaleMopar and were they in NOS Mopar packaging or are they something else?

I've used 3 of what I had, sold one to a TC friend in need and am down to just a couple belts:o That's not enough to last me into my golden years with the 16 Masi Motor, I'm building a killer 2l motor that needs a belt so I hope nothing breaks until I can get the stock back up a little:)

Alan

Hi Alan,

When I got that 16V car, I had asked you about the belts. Then I just tried my local Chrysler dealer parts guys. In the past they had been very good. When I had the Trans trouble on my '91 they printed out all the service bulletins for me. They had been a great help & always "Right On" They got me 2 spare Timing belts.Each $50.00+. I set of all other belts and 2 HEPs When they looked them up they told me there was about 25 available. I had them order 2. What came were 2 of 1 Good Year belt in each plastic bag with a regular off white tag with Mopar in red & blue Part number in bold black and in regular letters Made in Italy (looked just like any other mopar parts label) except a little old.

That's the best I can tell you. They closed up all the Chrysler Dealers in the area. (Gotta drive over 50 mi to next dealer in VA) ~ SO ~ I don't have access to these guys anymore. The last parts order that came in to this dealer was my HEPs... Isn't Upper, Upper, Upper Management just wonderful these days....... Lou

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Though I don't own a 16V car, the search for these belts has always been of interest. I just looked at the Rock Auto site and looked up a '90 with 16 valve and compared it to '89 SOHC & DOHC. The numbers all appeared to be the same or similar with 1 exception----Cloyes #B206 is listed as a longer and wider belt than the other listings. If you go to the Cloyes site, it definitely shows a listing for the 1990 DOHC engine. You may want to check this out and give it a shot.