Sorry to pass on this sad news

Barney Eaton

We are at the national meet in Colorado Springs and have just received the sad news that Dominic Clemente, past president of the Reatta Division died Thursday evening of cancer.

Anyone that knew him know how passinate he was about Reattas. Up until he became bed ridden, he was planning on driving from SC to Colorado Spring to attend this years meet.

He will be missed by all that knew him.

Guest Greg Ross

Very sorry to hear of Dominics' passing, bar none, my favorite Reatta Guy. Had some great chats with Dominic about cars in general and Reattas specifically. Last time I had Betsy Blue in Long Island, NY, March Break, 4 years ago I guess it was, we were supposed to get together. Dominic was very keen to have a spin in the S/C Reatta. His daily Driver was a Corvette at the time and would have blown my doors off!

And yes Barney, he will definitely be missed.

Domenick and I were good friends. He was the director of the Reatta division and I was the assistant director.

Two years ago he flew from New York to my home and we drove from Minnesota to Seattle in my Select 60 to the BCA meet. We had a really good time and quite often joked about stopping at Wendy's and getting a "baconator" About 1500 calories. ( never did buy one ) We bought and ate several boxes of "Hot Tamales" on the trip.

This May I visited Dom in South Carolina. He had set up a trip for us and Ed to go to the Darlington Nascar race but by then he was too sick and weak and couldn't make it himself. During that visit I took him to a drug store, probably his last outing in public so to speak other than to the hospital. I got out to my car first and was waiting for Dom to come out. He came out with a big smile on his face and gave me a box of Hot Tamales. Domenick always enjoyed helping others and will be greatly missed.

Jim

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Domenick was a good friend and a great Reatta guy. He judged Reattas at the National meets and was always happy to help someone clean up their car so it would show well. Domenick was the Director of the Reatta Division, BCA from June 04 until July 07. During that time I was the sec/treas and we became friends.

He came to visit me in South Carolina several years ago and bought a house, about three miles from me, where he wanted to retire and enjoy his cars. Unfortunately, he never got to fulfill his dream because he was very ill when he finally moved into his home in South Carolina this spring.

Domenick was a kind and thoughful man who was always thinking what he could do to help others. A few short weeks ago, I was visiting him on his last stay in the hospital. At the time he was very ill, but he was so concerned about the recent loss of my beloved Great Dane that he said he wanted to call his mother and find out if his uncle still raised Great Danes so he could try and get me a puppy. I was astonished that he was so concerned in light of the pain he was enduring. He was also a workaholic who looked after his family first. For years he worked long hours and put in a lot of overtime so he could spend time in the summers on his sailboat with his family.

In his final days when I visited him at home, he was often unable to communicate, but when I would pass on a greeting from a Reatta Division friend or reminisce about our Reatta trips, he would always manage a smile.

Services for Domenick Clemente will be held at Claude R. Boyd-Caratozzolo Funeral Home, 1785 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, NY 11729 on Saturday 11 July from 7 - 9:30 PM and on Suday 12 July from 2 - 4:30 and 7- 9:30 PM. Internment will be on Monday 13 July.

I will share the comments on this site with his family when I get to New York at the end of the week.

Ed Farnell

Guest Jim Piro

Having met and known him, the Reatta family will miss him. I personally knew him as a Reatta nut. I am also one.

My kind regrats to his family.

Jim Piro