New Reatta Owner with CRT Trouble

Guest mhuffy

Guest mhuffy

I am a new owner and my CRT is not working, but the touch pad is. I can use the illustrations in the owner's manual to get ac and radio controls. I just need to see why it won't light up for the display.

Edited by Rawja
relocated (see edit history)

Guest mhuffy

I don't know why - but all of a sudden everything just started working. i am assuming there is a wire issue here. Thanks for the info - I may be needing it. i am new to the car still learning about it.

Guest tomt

You are a new owner and I'm a former one. I'm sure you will get instruction on intermittant failure of the CRT down line. The one thing that you should be aware of is that Jim, jfinn@cpinternet.com is the best asset that a Reatta owner can have to keep his car up to date. Have no fear in using him for replacement parts. He is fair and honest .

Hope you get the chance to meet him in person.

Tom T

Guest mhuffy

Thanks Tom for the info. To get this car into the condition that I want it (nore that just a nice driver), I will be needing several parts down the line. From reading around the site, Jim appears to be a good resource and I am sure I will be taking advantage of his talents.

Marc

Guest tomt

I'm also seeing that the site no longer posts where I am from, which is DeKalb IL.

If you say where you are located, you may find lots of help around you. I'll also work on getting my data displayed.

I bought the Reatta that I recently parted with from a good, make that Great used car dealer, who guaranteed the car 100%. I found that when I had issues after purchase he was going to the local Buick dealer for help. In the case of my cassette deck which didn't work, the Buick dealer had a repair dealer on file in Chicago (Rex Services I believe), who turned my deck around in 5 days.

If you are near a free standing Buick Dealer (They are going to dissappear I fear) get to know their service people who are old, and also their OLD sales people. Reatta training was intense for sales folks who wanted to know about it. Old service guys often fixed Reattae for the owners of the dealerships, which was the lucky case for me.

Tom T