Progress

Tom_Overfield

It's been a struggle but yesterday I finally got the 41 loaded onto the trailer and delievered it to Jim Roll's shop in New Philidelphia, Ohio for the interior installation and the top. Red leather with a tan top as original and if it looks odd, I can blame it on the factory as that's how it came. I'll try and post a photo however when I attempted to post two a minute ago, I gave up as it was taking so long.

Tom

post-55048-14313808857_thumb.jpg

Tom, it's just my opinion but I would certainly reconsider putting a red interior in that beautiful car. The factory delivered whatever the customer wanted/ordered. Many conbinations were offered for the Continentals and in leather they were Brown, Tan, Green, Black, Blue and Red. No matter what that car will be a knockout when finished.

Peecher's got a point. I guess my opinion is, unless we are talking about a car with a very specific history and the original color combo is important to that history, why not go for what *you* like, given the various original choices? On the other hand, I know from my own experience with my '66 Mustang (Tahoe Turquoise with black deluxe interior) that it's also fun to be able to tell folks this is the way it came from the factory. Either way, you'll be driving a drop-dead beautiful car!

Thanks guys for the comments and compliments.

The interior will be red as I bought the leather several months ago and I wanted it to turn out as it was originally. Actually I think it will be ok and the only thought I gave to changing anything was to put a dark blue top on it. I have seen a couple that way and they were stunning.

Then the more I thought about it, the tan would be a better contrast plus it would be 100% original at that point.

The final work to be completed will be the wiring and motor instalation.

Tom