Radiator upgrade suggestions

BBurk

The plastic radiator tank on my '91 has cracked . As I am going to have to replace the radiator, at this point it appears I will buy a GM replacement from the dealer. But does anyone have any suggestions of radiators that may be better than stock (such as more area for better cooling) or a better value than going to the dealer. Experiences with non-GM replacement radiators?

Thank you,

-Brad

Guest palosfv3

Dont mess with aftermarket radiators if you can help it. Stay with a GM or Delco replacement. The cooling system imputs into the ECM and cooling rates can cause issues. Many late model engines are designed to run between 210 to 230 degrees coolant temp to keep emissions in line.

i bought a new rad for my camaro a few years ago at autozone to replace the plastic factory crap that split.so far so good.i assume the reatta rad would be simular since they are both 89s and 170 hp.btw i was sitting in traffic saturday in 98 degree weather and the car didn't overheat.i was watching the guage.oh course my ac is dead again since all the freon leaked out.

Guest Drake

BBurk,

Awhile back, I saw a listing on e-bay from a manufacturer that has Reatta radiators (Direct Fit)

with aluminum side tanks instead of plastic. The photos looked good, with warranty. I'll try to find info and post.