WTB '29 Buick Marvel Carb Model 10-707

Guest John Couch

Guest John Couch

Forum Members,

I am in desperate need of a Model 10-707 Carb for a 1929 Buick Roadster. The carb I have has a bad float bowl that is cracked and can not be saved. The carb shop in MS is out of the type I need. Can anyone provide a lead to help me out.

John Couch

Rochester Hills, MI

248 853-9055

John,

Just make a new cork float. Glue three wine corks together after flattening the sides to make a single piece big enough to replace your float. Use Crazy Glue to glue them together. It is not effected by modern gas/ethanol. You can use a belt sander or grinder wheel to shape it to fit in the float bowl. I have done this on several Marvel carbs. I have also coated old cork floats with Crazy Glue to seal them from becoming "waterlogged".

Jules,

You are quite right! Sorry, I was a bit tired when I read the forum last night after towing my Buick another 500+ miles on the way to Colorado Springs.

I may have a spare float bowl at home, but will have to wait til I return from the BCA National. Meahwhile, JB Weld or Krazy Glue will work on a crack until you can find a replacement.

• 9 years later...