Is the new forum an improvement???

Phil Knapp

Perhaps I'll get used to it, but my initial impression is that it's not particularly user friendly and hard to navigate!

I'm not familiar with adding "tags" or sending "trackbacks"??

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere that I am missing??

I guess I added a photo of a Ford F650 pickup truck.

post-31768-143138087134_thumb.jpg

Perhaps I'll get used to it, but my initial impression is that it's not particularly user friendly and hard to navigate!

I'm not familiar with adding "tags" or sending "trackbacks"??

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere that I am missing??

I guess I added a photo of a Ford F650 pickup truck.

Yes. A big improvement

Go to User CP (Control Panel) and edit you options.

http://forums.aaca.org/f210/avatars-signatures-etc-sure-check-out-264173.html

If you want to receive PM''s (private messages) you need to enable PM's

I have been using the software for years on other forums. Have never used trackbacks.

If by "tags" you mean the fornatting you soon get used to it

This software is a lot better :)

Don't know yet. On the old site I accessed the LZ forum through the Forum link and it went straight to the LZ posts, now it seems to go go to the general listing and I have to go down the list to Lincoln Zephyr. On some posts I can't view pictures without logging in first.

The various sections are too long, it needs to be separated into brand, also, this color scheme is so bland, I liked the greens, etc. Also, it seems that the pages are too complex. It needs to be tweaked. The old saying applies 'if it aint broke dont fix it'

It appears that all previous to up grade private messages have been deleted?

Seems as though there has been a rash of forum updates lately across multiple sites. I wonder what's going on in terms of software. Is there some big push because of spam, economical, or functional reasons?

~Jim

Jim,

It has a lot to do with spam, and vulnerabilities in the software used.

Most people didnt notice it but we got a significant amount of spam in the old software. The new software has automated ways to prevent it from ever being seen by the users of the forum.

My biggest fear however was someone hacking the site and loosing data. The new software was chosen due to in part to its security.

Of course, I dont want to under-play the new features of the site. The biggest problem with the old software was the search function... i was terrible. Try out the new search feature here. It rocks.

One other feature of the new software is that the URLs are now a bit more friendly. So the search engines can now find posts within the forum better. Example: someone can now type in "lincoln zephyr forums" in google and there is a good chance they will land here.

Peter

FYI - I use Firefox, which lets you drag and drop the URL address onto a bookmarks tool bar so that when you click on it, it takes you straight to the LZOC forum. I should think Windows Explorer would have the same feature, but I avoid Microsoft products when I can, so I haven't tried it.