C38 New Coat Of Paint

Hi all, got my body prep dopne by May, then painted my 47 Chrysler Royal Club Coupe, did this at home, the color is Dove Grey.

The paint job came off not bad, got a few bad runs,will correct this in the fall, some dust too.

This was my first paint job ever, so not too bad. I have sprayed lot of primer, parts, other things but not a whole car, so it is a first.

The paint is super shiny, smooth, and looks decent , but is far forrom a pro job, but good enough for a driver, this car was a real basket case, that was 1 trip away from the scrap yard, so it's a 1000 % improvement.

Here are some pics of the engine compartment, which is painted in Black, then the car after paint, I will update with another pic, the car is all back together now, but the bumpers need re-chroming, and the stainless needs polishing too, all in time, this was a real low budget do-it-yourself, first time project. Also include the before pic taken July 2005, when car came homw, I bought it in 1988, it stayed at Grandmothers homestead till 2005....Fred

post-41564-14313808712_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138087123_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138087125_thumb.jpg

post-41564-143138087127_thumb.jpg

Edited by fred (see edit history)

Guest My TC Toy

Not a bad looking job, Fred, something to be proud of. Good luck on the rest of the restoration.

Bob

Thanx Guys, it is far from a perfect paint job, but still gets a lot of admiring looks from people.

Spent Canada day afternoon cruisng, the car needs more things done for completetion, but I enjoy driving her so much, it's just what I will do..........

• 1 month later...

Hi Bill, thanx for the praise on the paint job, she is a real 20 footer, looks best at 20 feet and futher, this car is a real photogenic gal, looks great in pics, not as great in person.

This car was a real wreck, I did all the work, I painted the car myself at home, first time paint job, sprayed it with a cheap HVLP gravity feed gun, synthetic enamel and hardner is the paint, it was cheap too, but seems to be a decent quality.

This car is a just an old car, never will be show qulaity, is a okay driver, my plans are to do the interior, get the bumpers re-chromed, then do some more mechanical up grades, front disc brakes, maybe a bit of a high perf flathead, dual carbs/exhaust and a possibly an OD or a T5 trans, my pipe dreams anyway......Fred Buhay