Seattle to Colorado Springs -- The Buicks are set to roll!

Centurion

On Friday morning, my wife and I will meet with other Buick drivers east of Seattle for a fun-filled cruise to Colorado Springs.

We'll leave Seattle with seven 1959 Buicks, at least three 1957 Buick Roadmasters (perhaps as many as five), a 1955 Buick Special, a 1965 Riviera, a 1972 Electra 225 Limited, a 1996 Roadmaster, and more. I have heard that we may also have a 1957 Caballero and a 1964 Riviera traveling with us, but I've not seen the complete roster. Two Australian couples will participate with our group.

We'll spend Friday evening in western Montana, and, by Sunday, we'll traverse Yellowstone National Park enroute to Cody, Wyoming. We'll travel to Saratoga, Wyoming on Monday, arriving in Colorado Springs on Tuesday afternoon or evening.

Looking forward to a grand adventure in the American West --behind the wheel of a Buick!

Brian,

Monday morning I will be trailering on a route up the Columbia Gorge on I-84 through Boise, & east on I-80 to Cheyenne WY, then South on I-25 to Colorado Springs..... We plan to stay two nights on the road to arrive Wednesday afternoon after driving 1335 miles.

Roy, I wish you were traveling with us.

Mark, those of us making the "quick return" from Colorado Springs will travel a route similar to the one you're using for the eastbound trip. We'll make special stops in Baker City to visit the dealership that delivered my '59 Buick new; the salesman still works there! And we'll visit a restored 1959-vintage Texaco station in LaGrande.

Guest Reatta1

I'd love to join some of you guys along the way, but we aren't leaving till Tuesday morning. Catching I84 in Ontario, OR and going through Salt Lake, across southern Wyoming and down through Denver to C. Springs, arriving sometime Thursday mid day so we can join the Reatta rendezvous with our 88 Reatta.

Brian,

Have fun, wish I was doing another road trip with your great group of people from the Seattle area.

Who are the Aussies, I'm guessing Dave and Eileen Chaffey from Tassy again, give them my regards.

The Australian Nationals and tour are only 10 months away, being held in country Victoria, I'm sure Dave will fill you in and invite you all down for an Aussie style National meet.

Take care.

Yes, Stuart, David and Eileen Chaffey will be traveling with us once again. This time, they have the privilege of riding in a fine, original '57 Roadmaster 75 2-door Riviera.

David Gribble and his wife will also be traveling with us. I understand that they will be cruising in the '57 Caballero Estate Wagon.

I'm headed out early Tues morning from south central Nebraska, driving my 39 Limited. Will head down on the two lanes through northwest Kansas. Hope to leave early enough to beat the heat, it has been very hot and humid here. I'm blessed to have a friend who will follow me in his van(support crew!). He is an ASEP instructor, teaches auto shop at Milford, NE, community college. Looking forward to a great meet!