Go see "Public Enemies"

Guest 40series

Guest 40series

I want to see if you Buick fans can spot the 1934 Model 47's in the movie. I provided two of these cars and a pair of Model A Ford pickups to Ghostlight for the movie. The buicks where in rough condition and had the beginings of being street rodded; so small block Chevy engines where installed and the cars where dolled up for chase scenes! I am going to take my 35 to the local drive in for the first night of the movie.

Guest outlaw car man

Should be a wonderful movie, good cars and action.

They had contacted me about historically correct cars to use in a couple scenes etc. The 1933 Essex Terraplane 8 would be the most accurate for Dillinger and for the Racine bank job, the 1933 Buick series 90, 7 passenger Sedan.

They almost got Dillinger's Essex, but not so with the big Buick.

I'm pretty sure I've seen your cars, I got a lot of pictures from Blaine of the cars before re-motored and all.

Opens July 1, so does the Buick Nationals.

Sandy Jones

OCM

Guest outlaw car man

I'll see what I've saved, I know I've got the 34 Hudson Terraplane( blue hot rod) they used for the 33 T-8 and the 35 Buick 90 as the Racine car- And the blue Nash. Best car shot is at night in front of the restored Biograph in Chicago, all these 30s cars going down the street- Black Buick in front, maybe yours ?

This was stuff they were starting to acquire, 33 Ford, REO .... Had the wardrobe folks call about scans of Dunrite bullet-proof vests , things like that also.

Last I heard from Blane he moved to New Mexico. Nice guy.

Sandy

Guest outlaw car man

40 series-

Email me off line I can send pictures - They are on Microsoft Exel or whatever it's called.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...