A little bit of everything...

keiser31

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldcarfudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stretch '39 Chevy phaeton is an unusual one-off. According to the Standard Catalog, there were no open Chevys in '39.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ</div></div> Jump seats and right hand drive, too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldcarfudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That stretch '39 Chevy phaeton is an unusual one-off. According to the Standard Catalog, there were no open Chevys in '39.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ</div></div> Jump seats and right hand drive, too! </div></div>

John, before I read your last reply, I was guessing it MUST have been an Aussy factory body.

And I also wonder where all the oldies are. Sure a few have been lost in the last couple of decades tp fires and quakes...but where are the others? I honestly have seen more Depression era cars at farm/and/tractor shows than at so called car shows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the '27 T with the track nose a survivor or recent build? </div></div>

I did not see the owner there. I wanted to know the same thing because it looks like one I saw years ago as a kid. The '32 highboy next to it looked pretty new as far as tech stuff, but the '27 looked more old school.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Rohn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but I get rat rods ... </div></div>

We don't have those here as far as I know. What exactly makes a vehicle qualify as a Rat Rod?

I would have thought that a "rat rod" was a salvaged car body and frame attached to a bunch of speed parts and hopped up. I get that if you have a very limited budget. What I DO NOT get is the desecration of a perfectly complete or decent car taken down to be converted into something that they could have found in a ditch and salvaged. Here is a great example of a car that could have been restored, but oooooh nooooo....not this one. 1930 Dodge Brothers DD6 business coupe.

post-37352-143138085554_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138085556_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shop Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is very sad. What is even sadder is that the person that did that, is the one with the money to buy the car to start with. </div></div> Yes. I was very sad to see what had happened to that car. I would have sold myself to get it had I known.