This one should be easy...

West Peterson

1935 Hupp 521-J The 1934 had vertical bars on the grill and no hood ornament. Very low production 224, in three body styles. 2-dr coupe 2dr sedan & 4-dr sedan. My old fashion computer for some reason will not let me post pic . If I could I would show you the difference in the 1934 & 1935 J models. Raymond Lowery who designed these Hupps also did the Studerbaker Hawks & Avanty. The Coke bottle & changed Lucky Strikes from green& red to white and red. I am proud to say that Ray was a member of the Hupmobile Club until he passed away. Chuck

It is a '35 521. We dragged one to Hershey a few years back and sold it there. This one looks familiar! Also, note the hood line at the headlight...now go take a look at a 2008 Jeep Cherokee...nearly the same!

West tell us a little more about the gold one. I proberly know who ones it. I will go you one better I have a 621-N. The only one in the Hupp Club that is on the road and has been on 5 Hupp tours and clocked 3,000 on them. Chuck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hupp36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please do not compare a Hupmobile to a Jeep. If you want to insult me. Slap my face. Chuck </div></div>

At a quick glance that Hup looks a bit like a Willys 77, is there any designer connection?

Guest Leonard Shepherd

There is a Loewy exhibit at the old train station in Roanoke, Virginia. It has a picture of the Hupmobile.

post-52673-143138086047_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143138086049_thumb.jpg