Seafoam inector cleaner

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I have not heard of Seafoam injector cleaner and not knowing when my fuel system was cleaned last I figured I would do it, about one third of a can in a small intake hose and the rest in the tank if I read the post correctly. None of the local auto parts stores have heard of it and if I put one third in through the intake manifold it skips the injectors, but blasts the intake valves. Is this still the best way and where can I buy it? Thank's to all,

Richard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reattatude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang I wanted to use Seafoam via that intake hose BUT I couldnt locate it, ended up pouring all in the tank : (

I got seafoam at Advance auto parts

Anybody able to point out exactly where the intake hose is? </div></div>Complete instructions are on my website.

I followed Ronnie's instructions to the letter, and it worked like a charmon my son's Reatta. My nieces enjoyed the smoke show I put on at the end. They wanted to run through it, but I told them it lovely to look at but not to hold.

Gonna repeat the procedure soon on my reatta

Guest imported_blazer1997

89 Buick Reatta here, and firm beleiver in seam foam. Run it thru intake, and gas tank.

Ck autozone for seafoam.

Guest daveagain909

When doing the procedure above is there nany chance I could screw up the motor, or that it then would not stasrt? are there any prcautions I should take or be careful with when doing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daveagain909</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When doing the procedure above is there nany chance I could screw up the motor, or that it then would not stasrt? are there any prcautions I should take or be careful with when doing it. </div></div>DO NOT allow the liquid to be sucked into the intake too fast. Allowing the liquid to be sucked in faster than the engine can burn it could result in liquid puddling on top of a piston.

Liquid will not compress. You could end up with a bent rod if the the piston tries to compress the liquid. Before that happens the engine will start to bog down and run poorly giving you a sign that you are allowing the liquid to be sucked in too quickly.

There are warnings written into the instructions on my web site about it.