BACK TO THE FIFTIES MN STATE FAIRGROUNDS

pyntre

I was wondering how many Minnesota area ROA members might be bringing their cars to the show this weekend ? I walked the show last year and was sort of suprised how few Rivs I saw. I am sure I could have missed a few considering how huge the grounds are ... thats a lot of cars to look at!!! Chime in if you plan on being there .

Hi!

A 22 Buick isn't old enough?!? I'll be there all three days with a group of 63 owners, should be 4 cars in our group on Saturday. MSRA breaks down the attendees by make and model year, so there is no real good way to tell how many 63 and 64 Riviera's are there. In the past, I have counted up to 16 Rivieras.

Tim

Tim, If you get there early enough, try to park by the 'cco booth, they are working with the Buick dealers and are trying to have a little display of BMD vehicles at the booth. Of course anyone with a Buick is welcome to park there, but they can't save spaces.

Kevin,

That space by the 'cco booth is taken by a group of Old Time MSRA members, guys with single and double digit membership numbers! Those guys get there pretty early! We usually park west of the Skyride on Commonwealth with a group of about ten of us.

Tim

Al,

My daughter had the digital camera all weekend for graduation parties! If you have never been to the show, it is well worth the trip. I haven't heard the official count yet, but I did see number 11,500 on Saturday evening. There was a VERY nice 39 Buick coupe in the car corral on Sunday that was all original and ready to drive or restore.

Take Care,

Tim