"So, I hear there are lots of Model A's in Ct?"........

F&J

An ebayer from the DC area asked me that a few months ago. He should have been following me around today.

First, a few at todays AACA show in central Ct. There were more than I have pictured here.

post-59419-143138083321_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138083324_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138083326_thumb.jpg

I had to leave the show by 1pm. The show is 45 minutes from home. I got within 5 miles of home and had to turn the car around to get some more A pics.

They had nothing to do with the show, I think they were on a private club trip.

You know, some people just don't get it. All the A's at this restaurant were parked in the "good spot". What few other patrons had the class to park the modern cars on the side. While I am walking around the cars to take a rear pic, a guy squeezes in the middle.

post-59419-143138083332_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138083335_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138083339_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138083342_thumb.jpg

Great photos. We have a lot of Model A Fords here in NC too. I especially like the Town Car photo. I have never seen a Model A Ford Town Car in person. Hopefully one day I will get a chance to photograph one of those. Thanks for posting those.

F&J, I think you happened upon CT Region Model A Restorers, they had a tour scheduled or more of those guys would have shown up for our show.

The town car belongs to the "official mileage keeper" for the CT region - he drives it and enjoys it and does most or all of the work himself. Has a nice 28 or 29 phaeton also. I was a member for a long time and he generally drove an "A" to our meetings 9 or 10 months out of the year. There is another town car in RI, but that guy pretty much maintains it as a high point car.

Steve or anyone,

I thought the locale for lunch of the Model A Restorers looked familiar. We had a Buick Yankee Chapter with a drive in that area and had lunch there, but I forgot the name. Does anyone have it, and can let me know? Thanks.

John

Guest marlin65

Beautiful pics and beautiful cars, to bad the average hobbyist like myself cannot afford a driveable presentable Model A. The prices are as high as some foreclosed houses!