Look what followed me home...

Guest Dean_H.

Guest Dean_H.

Rescued this '32 coupe from a barn just a few miles down the road from me. It's mostly complete. The engine croaked back in 1956, owner bought another engine but never completed it.

32coupe.jpg

In 1928 Hupp produced 65,000 cars and bought the Chandler plant in Cleveland and started producing the model S 6cyl & the model L 8 cyl. They made their own bodies for these models. If you set a Hupp Model A 4-dr sedan next to a Hupp Model S 4-dr sedan you can see slight changes in the overall appearance. Hupp went to a 3 spoke bakeilite type material for the steering wheel. No more 4 spoke wooden ones.This was also their first car with free wheeling. Just a point of intrest. Chuck

coupe-SY Lower Panels...Bronze Green

Top Cowl......Bronze Green

Hood.....Bronze Green

Upper Back Panel...Bronze Green

Top Deck Panels....Black

Visor.... Bronze Green

Reveals...Bronze green

Belt Mouldings...Woodbine Green

Lower Body Mouldings...Woodbine Green

Instrument Panel (top half..Woodbine Green

Instrument Panel (lower half...Bronze green

Garnish Moulding.....Bronze Green

Wheels.....Bronze Green

Striping....Tea Rose Dark

Guest Dean_H.

Chuck, green is tempting. Jay Leno has a two tone green Packard coupe that looks excellent. I sure like the green accented wheels. But I was just scraping some paint off the car and found blue, similar to Keiser's Dodge. I'll probably lean towards keeping with the original color. I'd like to see the scan on the colors for 1932. My email is eagleridge@verizon.net

I have some photos of a dark blue/black combination one like my Dodge colors. It was at Turlock a few years ago. I will try to find those photos and post them. It's pretty.

Guest Dean_H.

Thanks Keiser, I'd like to to see that. Chuck, the model is 216B, not sure if that makes any difference.

Guest Dean_H.

That does look good. Not quite as flashy as some, but elegant and classy. My original colors appear to be the same. I think I'll stay original. This is one of the cars I've always wanted. It's missing a rim and a few hubcaps, I'll keep an eye out for those. But I want to finish my current project before I do much on it. The original engine has a patch bolted on the side of the block where a connecting rod had come through. Even though I have a second engine, I'm going to try to get the original going - patch and all, - it adds character. The car has no rust through, but some of the wood will need to be replaced.

The B-216 is a 1932 model. Hupp used a coded model# The 2 meaning 1932. The 16=116 wheel base. The B is the model. The model B was produced only 2 years Total production for both years 4,991 1932-1933 Serial # 1932 started B5001 to B8499 For 1933 B8500 to B9962 The paint codes I emailed you has the B216 colors that you are looking for. Chuck

Guest Dean_H.

Good question Ken, I was thinking work on the '32 first. Of course the model 20 is half done so it'd be pretty fast to get it going. I'll have to think about that one.