Electrical Problem

DSBenson

89 Reatta. Replaced headlight switch a couple of months ago. Now headlights are working fine, but the headlight doors don’t open. Checked fuses and found cigar lighter fuse blown (#4). When I replaced the fuse the headlight doors opened. When I remove the fuse the doors close! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Dave

Welcome to the forum!

Push the button in front of the gear shift on the console and see if the doors close.

Please add the year of your Reatta to your signature line. That way we are not continuously going back and scanning your posts to see what model your Reatta is. It will make it easier for us to help you in the future.

To add to your signature line click: "My Stuff -> Profile" and scroll down the page to the signature box.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DSBenson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm good to go, but I'm curious. Since I've owned the Reatta the headlight doors opened and closed with the headlight switch. Why have a "Retract Lamps" switch?

</div></div>

When I was driving mine to work before dawn every day, I used the retract switch to keep them open all the time to save wear and tear.. Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DSBenson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Ronnie,

I'm good to go, but I'm curious. Since I've owned the Reatta the headlight doors opened and closed with the headlight switch. Why have a "Retract Lamps" switch?

Thanks!

--Dave

89 Reatta </div></div>Good to be able to open the doors to wash the lights or change bulbs. You can use the manual knob but the switch is a nice option. You could defiantly do without it.

Original concept dates to the 1960's. In notrthern climes the headlamps would freeze and burn the motors out trying to open or close. The button allows the headlamp to remain up all the time.