Sign in to follow this  
Pete Phillips

Where do jacking instructions go on a 1956 Roadmaster?

I'm putting the final touches on a 1956 Roadmaster 4-dr. hardtop after a nearly two-year restoration. Can anyone tell me where the proper place is for the jacking instruction decal in the trunk? I'm thinking probably on the cardboard panel behind the spare? Thanks for any help.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

1948 Roadmaster 4-dr.

1949 Super Estate Wagon

1950 Roadmaster 2-dr. ht.

1963 Wildcat conv. 4-spd.

post-33059-143138082957_thumb.jpg

I have my insruktions as the picture is shown,and I think I have seen that on other Buick`s too.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143138082966_thumb.jpg

Pete

All of my Texas built 55's had the instructions originaly glued to the middle of the trunk floor. For shows I attach the instructions to the trunk like Leif...seems to keep the judges happy. The one time that I attached to the floor at a BCA show the judges were not amused...you know that 'documentation' thing.

Willie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Phillips</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm putting the final touches on a 1956 Roadmaster 4-dr. hardtop after a nearly two-year restoration. Can anyone tell me where the proper place is for the jacking instruction decal in the trunk? I'm thinking probably on the cardboard panel behind the spare? Thanks for any help.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

1948 Roadmaster 4-dr.

1949 Super Estate Wagon

1950 Roadmaster 2-dr. ht.

1963 Wildcat conv. 4-spd.</div></div>

I don't know where the instructions for the jack go, but did Buicks really come with a fifth wheelcover? I'm a Chrysler product kinda guy, so I don't know.

Buicks did not come with a 5th wheelcover. That one is just a spare and it seemed like the logical place to store it. Thanks to Leif and Willie for the quick responses.

Pete Phillips

Pete,

I put mine, on a 55 of course, to the right of where Leif has his (in the triangle over the spare). The reason I did this was my insulation was slightly damaged from where it sagged and rubbed the spare. I would think it is one of these places, although I like where you have yours placed, whether it's right or not.