Sign in to follow this  
Phil Wimbish

FS: 1948 Lincoln Convertible Coupe

Greetings!

I saw posted in my local paper an ad for a 1948 Lincoln Zephyr Convertible Exc. cond. $32,000. Of course you never see one around here so I did call and the owner and his wife were very gracious. I did check it out and it is very nice. I didnt poke around too much but it is said to be rust free, restored around 15 years ago and runs very well. Med. blue with a blue leather interior, black top w/red piping. I wish I could buy it, but I would have to sell something and you know how that goes.

The owners name is Charles and is located in Maryland.Phone number is:410-507-7372, they are nice people. Good luck!

Call me if you want me input:410 440 3525

Still looking for a running V12!!

!It's amazing how much prettier these cars are in person than in pictures!!

Phil Wimbish

Annapolis Md

'38 LZ coupe

PS I thought after the war they were no longer called Zephyrs????

PS I would like to know an idea of value in case I decide to buy it. Please Private message me on that if you have any real sense or recent experience.

Also, I have some photos I could post, could someone refresh my memory on how to do that?

Photo:

get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.25764311&folder=OldMail&partId=5

Phil,The name "Zephyr" was not used after the war. I think some folks still consider these cars Zephyrs even tho they are technically "Lincolns". This term also distinquishes them from the Continentals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: peecher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phil,The name "Zephyr" was not used after the war. I think some folks still consider these cars Zephyrs even tho they are technically "Lincolns". This term also distinquishes them from the Continentals.</div></div>

Actually, the name was used later....just not for "Lincolns". They were "Mercury" Zephyrs from 1978 to 1980. Just a technicality.