Need parts for 1969 Riviera

Guest OldAussie

Guest OldAussie

I am rebuilding a 1969 Riviera. A previous owner has de-badged and de-trimmed the exterior. The headlights and grill are also from another vehicle. The wheels are also aftermarket and the wiper motor is also from another type of car.The tail light bezels are also very corroded.

I need the parts to return the car to original. there is also considerable rust in the dash top and cowl panels. It may be easier to unpick them and replace them rather than fabricate patch panels. Does anyone know if any patch panels for any part of the car are available?

I have attached photos of the car before work commenced and some after blasting.

post-61893-143138082883_thumb.jpg

post-61893-143138082884_thumb.jpg

post-61893-143138082885_thumb.jpg

post-61893-143138082887_thumb.jpg

post-61893-143138082888_thumb.jpg

Looks like the dreaded 'tin worms' had a good feast in the cowl area, as well as the lower A frames (they all go there!).

The only patch panels I'm aware of for '68/'69 Rivs are the rear lower 1/4s offered by J.C. Whitney Co. EvilBay is also another good source for 'used or nos' parts, but when combined with shipping it can get quite pricey.

The '68 Riv also shares a lot of commomn parts with the '69.

Good luck with your 'down under' resto, and plese keep us posted on your progress - great pics by the way !

Guest Buick Bonery

I can cut out the cowl patches that you need. The wiper motor is not a problem. I have some OK rocker mouldings. I have a grille which is cracked, but easily repairable. I can get the headlight mechanism from a 67. My tail light housings are not much better than yours. I can only ship this through Fedex, or through a freight forwarding company.

• 6 months later...