Horn buttons

Guest 1930

Rob has my horn button and a few other parts to replicate and he sent me some pictues of his progress, Guys prob. got more talent in one finger than I have in my whole body and think they are worth sharing with everyone.

post-48869-143138082584_thumb.jpg

post-48869-143138082586_thumb.jpg

Lol, it's not that hard guys. In fact part of letting me borrow the parts for a pattern is that I'm filming all of the steps and mistakes so that 1930 can learn to do it. One of the things that has to be fixed is that air bubble in the lower lip. wink.gif

Is it easier for people to watch the videos online or on a dvd? Let me know and I will try to accomodate.

You guys crack me up. Jason, you should know your original part, lol.

Well, the pieces that have molds and forms for are almost complete. You see the button and the retaining ring (fibre washer), and Jason has a pic of the hand wound reproduction springs. Oh, and I found a distributor for the cheesehead screws that look like the original.

I have one last piece to make reproductions of, and that's the spring cup that screws to the horn button. I've started on the dies but have a problem with tearing the brass plate when I'm pressing a piece to shape. I'm beginning to think they used progressive dies to make the spring cup.

I'll keep you informed.

Rob