Pete, you've given us another memorable "Bugle"!

Centurion

I'd like to publicly express my appreciation for the tremendous job that Pete does with the "Bugle". Once again, he's taken piles of raw material, and given us a beautiful magazine. The graphics and lay-out are top-notch.

On behalf of the BCA's 1959 Buick Division, I'd like to thank Pete in particular for his fine work on the March and June issues. Pete, you've given us a real treasure, and, not surprisingly, several have already mentioned that they're buying extra copies so that they can frame some of the articles and photographs.

Thanks so much.

I don't know if you've ever worked directly with Pete and his staff that assemble the Bugle, but I can attest to this as I have had to work with them. When it comes to professionalism and accomodation, Pete and his staff will bend over backwards to make things work out for everyone involved. My experience was a pleasant one dispite a minor miscommunication via e-mails. A lot of work goes into the Bugle, and the final result shows it. Thank You Pete and to all your staff for producing a fine magazine.

I received my Bugle yesterday and read it cover to cover!

What a FANTASTIC issue.

Thank you Pete for all of your efforts and to Brian Laurance for helping compile articles and leading the charge in writing the feature article!

It's amazing what can happen with the extra 16 pages added to the Bugle for this special edition!

A <span style="font-weight: bold">SPECIAL THANK YOU</span> to all of the 59 Buick Division Members (and others) who contributed financially to make the expanded issue a reality!

Pete,

My appreciation also - what a great issue.

It is making me dream about a '59 as my next Buick. And sure looking forward to the collection to be seen in Colorado.

John

Serb. are you folks still digging out of the winter snow, causing the mail to be so late.

John

Guest imported_Thriller

I think I used to get mine about the same time as Roberta, but if I recall the last couple of months have been later.

Whimper. So long as I get it within the next two weeks I can either read it here or have it as reading material on the road.

I'll get a bit off the thread topic, but it is related to '59 Buicks, the topic of this Bugle.... Many of you are aware that I have a line on a '59 LeSabre two door white car when the owner eventually decides to sell it (I think I may have little choice but to make that Joseph's car). Tonight, Ewing mentioned to me that he was digging around at another white '59 LeSabre two door. That would be neat to not see any of those around here, then have two suddenly belonging to BCA members cool.gifgrin.gif That may be a pipe dream though I guess. The one he's looking at has a green interior (I'd really like that myself)...the 75 year old owner is having doubts about whether or not he wants to sell, of course.

Finally I have my hands on my own copy of the long awaited 2009 June issue of The Bugle. All I can say is WOW! I hope the 1960 Buick fans are taking notes for next year when the 60 Buick turns fifty, because the 59 Buick people have set a high bench mark indeed for celebrating a 50th anniversary. Pete has put a marvelous, historical two issue treatise together on the 59 Buick that is highly collectible. I feel deeply honored to have been allowed to make a contibution to the 59 Buick by my article on the "Texan". I hope that if the Texan does still exist that this article will flush it out. I am thrilled by the layout of every article regarding the 59 Buick-I have to admit that I love the best the articles "Searching For a Flattop" and "59 Invicta (2 door hardtop)". See you all in Colorado Springs! Charles D. Barnette

Charles, I'm so thankful that the Texan sparked your interest. It's great to see this little known piece of the '59 Buick story receive some attention.

Even if the car was destroyed decades ago, I have hopes that someone will step forward with specific, first-hand recollections of this fascinating Estate Wagon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Serb. are you folks still digging out of the winter snow, causing the mail to be so late.

John</div></div>

John,

Do you mean to tell me that there is no more snow in New England? Heck, Summer isn't even thought of around here for another month or so. The only one worse than us is Derek.

Stevo

Bill,

I will take our snow and cold anyday over the high heat, humidity, tonadoes, firestorms,floods, etc, etc. Snow and cold goes away and leaves very little damage compared to the other problems that parts of the country experience.

stevo

Recieved my copy of the bugle Friday afternoon. Have only had the chance to get it out of the wrapperand flip thru the pages-- but it sure looks to be another interesting cover to cover read! Kudos Pete, on another issue superbly done!!!! AS a club we are blessed. It is our extreme good fortune to have an Editor that is so passionette & caring about the product he produces. Pete's love for the hobby shows up in our mail boxes every month, and each month is better than the previous. Keep up the excellent job Pete. We all deeply appreciate your efforts every month.

Just pulled mine out of the mail box yesterday.... OOOooooooohhh Baaabyyy, grin.gif More sexy 59's.

Hats off to you Pete. And Hats off to everyone who contributes to make this a special magazine.

cool.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest Tri-shield

Yes, thank you, Pete!

Karen and I love the issue. Actually, each <span style="font-style: italic">Bugle</span> is one fine publication.

Please let us know if you tire from these accolades and I'll post another topic smile.gif

Mine finally came earlier this week...I started a bit at the front, but am generally keeping it for a bit of reading on the road. I'm sure I used to get it a bit earlier in the month, but never kept track overall.

At the farm today, I may also pack a year's worth of old Bugles to bring down...I'm slowly starting to get through the collection that I got from Ewing.