1917 touring DB

Guest doberman

Guest doberman

I am curently reasembling the car and dont know where the bolts are that holds the runing board splash pans on.

there are 3 bolts that run horizontal with the pan.

these appear to have had a one inch head but I am not certain

what they look like or where to get replacements.If anyone can help with a picture or send me in the right direction for new ones I would be most gratful.

Thanks Alan

Alan,

I can get you photos of my 1919 DB touring this evening, but need a little clarification on the images you need - also keep in mind my car may not be correct as I have found several inaccuracies on my car.

Do you need photos of the bolts that attach the board itself to the side splash pans? the bolts that attach the center section to the front and rear sections of the splash pans (outside the main body- i know miine are incorrect)? or the bolts that the splash pan attaches to the frame/under the main body? or all of the above.

Richard

Guest doberman

I NEED THE BOLTS THAT ATTACHES THE PAN TO THE FRAME UNDER THE MAIN BODY. THERE ARE THREE ON EACH SIDE RUNING HORIZONTAL WITH THE FRAME. I KNOW I COULD FIND SOMTHING THAT WOULD WORK BUT I WOULD LIKE TO FIND SOME CLOSE TO ORIGANAL AS POSSIBLE.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ON THIS RITCHARD

ALAN

OK. tried to get photos but can't find the cable to connect it to my computer. I don't think you really need a photo. On my car these are 1/2" 'rivets - round heads on both sides - like the ones that hold the out-riggers that support the splash pan.

If you open one of the front doors you will see a rivet near the rear of the door that holds the pan to the frame - but the body has an opening in the metal for clearance as this rivet does not hold the body on top of the frame or pan at this location. I double checked and there are three layers of metal. The bottom is the frame, second is the pan lip on top of the frame held on by the rivet and the third is the metal body work.

I'll find my cable and post, but every fastener I can find for the splash aprons is the same round 1/2 rivet.

Richard

17 must be different than the 20 touring I worked on 2 weeks ago.

On that car I made new center splash aprons. This car never had bolts under the body sill going through the top flange of the frame. The aprons had about a 1 inch flange that just slid under the body. The only bolts that went through the side of the frame and apron are the upper front and upper rear.

Guest doberman

Let me clarify what bolts I am looking for.

My pans have 4 bolts on one end and 3 on the other and there are 3 bolts that run horizontal with the pan that go through the pan into the side of the frame and not the top.

these bolts are bound to have a 1 inch head because the imprent is still on the old pan I just have never seen one so I dont know what to look for.Maybe I should do like the ford guys do.If the bolt fits use it!!!

Thanks for your help I not desperate enough to do that YET.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...