WTB: 1940 Buick Century parts

Guest rlowrod

Guest rlowrod

Hi everyone, WE just picked up our first pre war project, I already have a 64 Riviera thats done up and my wife wanted to have a classic car too, so we set out to find a restorable project and found a 1940 Buick Century, suicide doors and mostly complete, just missing a few bits and pieces. So if you have any you don't need maybe we could work something out.

We need the side chrome / beltline chrome for the hood both sides and the rear passanger side.

Hood release handles (both)Running board trim and the trim between the grills.

Naturally we could use some other things so if you have any thing you want to let go drop a note. e-mail to wrightmike90@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rlowrod

Does anybody know if all 1940 Buicks have the same hood and if the side stainless is the same? Or where to get a set of hood latch handles that say "Century" on them.

thanks for any help?

Mike

• 1 month later...
Guest John R. Thomas

Hi,

I am John Thomas from Waukesha Wi. I have listed our 40 Century mdl 61 with sidemounts.

Perhaps our Olivia might be a better set of wheels then your's. I can send you pictures.

My ad was placed yesterday. It is on page 1.

Guest John R. Thomas

Hi,

Can you remove my name from your posting? I did not see this box at the time.

Ref. your 40 Century; It shares many parts with the Special. Yet, due to the larger engine,

the hood and running boards are not shared with anything. The basic body parts and

interior parts are shared with the Special. The Super and the Roadmaster share the

same body. However the front clips are not shared due to the Special engine in the

Super and the Century engine is shared with the Roadmaster.

The Limited only shares the engine and transmission with the Century & Roadmaster.

The Limited is a bigger car all around.

Regards,

John Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark2002

Hi Mike,

I have one hood release for a 40 Century, if you still need one. I have some other parts too.

(hubcaps, carbs,etc...) also any parts that may be the same as a 39 Century, I may have also.