F/S: 1963-66 Riviera Tall Oil Filters

Jolly_John

Hi, Gang. Well, I no more than shipped the Riviera oil filters I sold last week, and I found another group in my shop storage. I now have twelve, new-in-box oil filters for 1963-1966 Riviera for sale. I would like to sell them in groups of six, or one group of twelve. These are all quality, made in U.S.A. filters. The brands include Purolator and Goodyear. These are the tall filter design that have a good oil capacity. They interchange with these numbers: AC-7, AC-31, Purolator PER-5, and Fram PH11.

The price for a group of six oil filters is $20.00, plus the actual cost of shipping, or $40 for all twelve, plus the actual cost of shipping. I'm happy to calculate shipping for you in advance. Thanks, John in Wisconsin

post-31491-143138081765_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have found more of these quality, made in U.S.A. tall oil filters among my goodies. Let me know, if you are interested. Fits all 1959-1966 Buick V8's, including the 1963-66 Rivieras. Six oil filters for $20, plus shipping. Brands may vary from photo. John in Wisconsin

Guest ZombyWoof

I've always been curious about this.

So is it correct to assume there's no difference in filtering ability between, say, a Fram PH25 and PH11, other that the amount of oil the filter holds?

If it's taller, it's also going to have more filter element in it and will trap more dirt. Copy and paste this link into your browser and take a look at this study of oil filters before you buy your next filter. Take a special look at the bottom of the page - filters to avoid. One name keeps coming up over and over - Fram. Then go back and look at what names are painted on them - MOPAR, etc.

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilters.html#recommended

Ed