FS: 1931 Desoto

Hello Everyone,

I am Steven. And I am new to the forums here. I have come here for advice. I Have a family vehicle that has been with us for as long as I can remember. Financial hardships have forced me to decide and try to sell it. However, I know nothing about it. So i though it would be a good idea to take it down to the local auto dealer who specializes in old cars and let him leave it on the lot for people to look at. I feel this was a bad decision. As it has been sitting on the lot for over a month outside. So the car is coming back home tommorow. But the reason i am here, is i dont know where to start with trying to sell a vehicle likes, Only thing i know is it runs, always has run, and still looks over all decent for a '31, so any information would be quiet helpful. I can only entertain offers at this moment until i learn more. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. My email is smoller@tampabay.rr.com if anyone has any questions or suggestions please feel free to respond to the post or drop an email.

100_0682.jpg

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. It looks great in the photo. I don't know enough about DeSotos to even know the right questions to ask, but someone here will.

What did your local dealer think that the car was worth? What more can you tell us about us about the car's condition?

More photos, interior, engine compartment, chassis, etc... will help a lot towards determining what it may be worth. Where are you located, perhaps someone who knows DeSotos may be nearby?

Here are more images. when we get it back to the house and cleaned up , i will document as much as i can find about it as i find it. The magazine article with the information and a little history will be posted soon as well.

100_0680.jpg

100_0681.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0683.jpg

100_0684.jpg

100_0685.jpg

100_0686.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0689.jpg