1935 Hupmobile D 518--need parts!!

Guest DavieMc

Hi Dave When you join the club we have a Parts Locator that is open to the pulbic to advertise Hupp parts for sale and all the members do the same except members are allowed to buy from the locator. We also reproduce some parts. What do You Need for the 518-D ? Chuck

Guest DavieMc

Well for starters pictures and color schemes for the interior---I have no upholstery and no front seat structure also would like to confirm that originalially this car was 6 or 12 volt system???

2. front right brake drum

3. spare tire cover (continental kit type)

4. radiater cap

5. Hup medal front above grill

5. front headlight glass

6. rear tail light lense (and housing)

I have some spare parts---generator--Auto Lite GBK 4604, Transmission with gear shift and others I havent envintoried yet (I've only had this guy 20 years!)

How do I post pictures here?

Hi Dave Your car is 6 Volts. The interior color depends upon the basic outside color of the car. There is a correct tail light lens for your car on the Hupp parts on Ebay. With no front seat its hard to tell if your car was a standard 4-dr or a victoria. About the differance in the two is the victoria had individual front bucket seats. Instrument panel guages were a metallic gray-green color with gradations printed on metal plate face. Walnut and also a mahogany lacquer finish available on cluster bezel and glove compartment doors. Deluxe models were equipped with dual tail lamps and windshield wipers, mohair upholstery, front carpet, hood side and belt mouldings. Color of the outside are as follows. Black, Sapphire Blue, Amazon Stine Gray, Sun Glow Maroon No-5, Deep Orange No-3 Jewel, Deep Green No-3 Jewel, Gun Metal Jewel Ess. and Boone Brown Jewel Ess. When you join the Hupp club ,you can advertise in the parts locator for the other parts you need. Hope this helps. Chuck

Guest B1rdman

Hello we in the same boat, although mine is drivable 1927

sedan with the 3 window sides.

i need a water pump and a radiator.

i turned a new shaft for the pump, works ok

but still need a good one.

bought a starter armature on ebay for 25 bucks

and a new starter spring about 10

good luck on finding what you need

gene

Guest DavieMc

These photos were sent from Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 3.0. Find out more: http://www.adobe.com/photoshopelementswin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B1rdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello we in the same boat, although mine is drivable 1927

sedan with the 3 window sides.

i need a water pump and a radiator.

i turned a new shaft for the pump, works ok

but still need a good one.

bought a starter armature on ebay for 25 bucks

and a new starter spring about 10

good luck on finding what you need

gene</div></div>

• 2 years later...
Guest DavieMc

Well I just woke from a 3 year nap and find that I still like my Hupp---AND---I have a line on another one---the person claims that it is 1934 but it really looks like amy 35!!!--I noticed that the light lense is "Hella-xx19/20/21" the hubcaps have a tiny bolt in the middle, the rims match my 35 D518 the continental kit cover is in tact and the grill matchs my 35 D518, also the real license holder is on the drivers side----

• 11 months later...
Guest BortzCars
hey Davie if you need parts for that hupp of yours give Rich Grey in Folsom Ca. a buzz, he bought out a yard full of old hupp stuff about your vintage...alot of n.o.s. ! ! !

We have a Hupmobile for sale. Feel free to call Joe 847-668-2004 cell. Debbie

post-89006-143139226787_thumb.jpg

post-89006-143139226727_thumb.jpg

post-89006-14313922676_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Hey---anybody want to talk about a 35 Hupp?---Value---parts value???

Hello, I also have a 35 Hupp. A 527T. I have been hunting parts for the last couple years. I still need a few things, and don't have a bunch of duplicates, but I do have an extra NOS instrument cluster.

Did you ever contact that guy in California from that previous post? I would be interested to see pictures of your cars if possible.

Ed

• 1 month later...
Hello, I also have a 35 Hupp. A 527T. I have been hunting parts for the last couple years. I still need a few things, and don't have a bunch of duplicates, but I do have an extra NOS instrument cluster.

Did you ever contact that guy in California from that previous post? I would be interested to see pictures of your cars if possible.

Ed

I just purchased a 527T. Unfortunately just prior to passing away, the owner sent the F/R bumpers, headlight rings/bezels, and hubcaps out to be re-chromed. The heirs don't know where they might be. I was wondering if you might have any of these parts, or know where I could next conduct my search.

Thanks, Steve

• 1 month later...

I have hubcaps that fit the artillery wheel. I don't have any other parts and am looking for a few things myself (bumpers, headlight bezels, spare tire cover). I ordered these hubcaps by mistake. I have wire wheels with a smaller hubcap. If you're interested in these, send me your email address (this site won't let me upload higher res pics)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cpkphil

REVISED LIST

> Running boards, brackets & edge trim

> Inside window frames

> Door panels with wood grain trim & assist cords

> Hubcaps

> Outer handles

> window cranks & knobs

> glove box knob

> Body trim / only 6 long pieces

I may need others so a list would be great

Contact info is below!

cpk43@outlook.com

518-212-2479

post-54254-143142648259_thumb.jpg

Edited by cpkphil
Got some parts (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
Guest American Vintage Parts

October 15, 2014

Dear Hupmobile Club Members,

We are delighted to inform you that we have recently acquired the NOS Factory Inventory from the Estate of H. Stanley Liddell. It is an honor to become a part of the preservation of Hupmobile automobiles.

Over the next several months, inventory will be relocated to our warehouse facilities in Oakwood, GA. Some parts have already become available for purchase on our website: AmericanVintageParts.com. You may also reach us through the rotational advertising banner located on the AACA website.

We expect to have most parts inventoried and available for sale within six months. For more immediate needs, please feel free to contact us at: AMERICANVINTAGEPARTS@GMAIL.COM.

Best Regards,

Kevin and Sally Johnson

American Vintage Parts

3642 Explorer Trail Suite B

Oakwood, GA 30566

• 2 weeks later...
Well for starters pictures and color schemes for the interior---I have no upholstery and no front seat structure also would like to confirm that originalially this car was 6 or 12 volt system???

4. radiater cap

5. front headlight glass

I have some spare parts---generator--Auto Lite GBK 4604, Transmission with gear shift and others I havent envintoried yet (I've only had this guy 20 years!)

I've found a great resource, not only for hard to find parts, but for technical information....contact Dave Romani at studiehupp<wbr style="color: rgb(119, 119, 119); font-family: 'normal arial', sans-serif; font-size: 12.222222328186px;">@aol.com

• 4 months later...
Guest cpkphil

I have a pair of taillights with no lenses and a hood badge. If still interested I will send more detail. Do you need any other parts?? I posted parts I need if you scroll down and will trade for things I need. Thanx and ciao, Phil G

4. radiater cap

5. front headlight glass