More sunroof problems

Guest Bugler

Guest Bugler

So I went out this morning after not driving for a couple days. It had been raining hard and I was anxious to see if my drain tube fix worked. Much to my dismay, I looked up and saw my sunroof liner had come loose in the middle and was holding a bunch of water like a bowl.

I need some ideas!

My sunroof seal(?) had a gap of about 1/4" where the ends were supposed to meet. I had a leak that was enough to soak the headliner. It is my understanding that the seal doesn't make the sunroof watertight, just enough so the drain tubes can handle whatever comes in faster than the they can carry out. I added a little 3M strip caulk to fill the gap and adjusted the sunroof panel so that it closed a little tighter (Ronnie's site has the directions how to do this)and I have no more leaks or wet headliner. The strip caulk is a temporary repair to see if that was where the leak was coming from. I am thinking some black silicone sealer may be a better solution long term. I am assuming that new seals are made of unobtainium.

Greg