Fan Shroud Bracket

Guest msht9o

Guest msht9o

Looking for all the necessary "goodies" to install a fan shroud on a 65 Rivie. I have the shroud.

marty

ROA 141

You'll only need the piece that goes over the top of the radiator. The shroud itself has two holes in the bottom of it that fit over two prongs on the frame and there's one bolt at the top that goes into the radiator bracket.

You'll be well off to first take something like a rubber trunk seal and attach it to the shroud where it meets the radiator. That makes a seal against the radiator which ensures that all the air pulled by the fan comes through the radiator for more effective cooling.

Ed

Guest msht9o

Thanks Ed, knew all that but really do appreciate your expertise and reply. What is missing is the upper bracket and the two clips. Went to a show last Sunday and the Red Dog tried to imitate a geyser. Time to address the poor heating issue of the non a/c cars with out the shroud. Gonna put the shroud on that has been in the parts bin for a number of years. Might even add an electric fan for the really hot parade days. See you in SAC?

Marty,

I'm not going to Sacramento this year. Every once in a while I have to keep peace in the family so I let my wife do all the vacation planning. This is her year and Rivieras weren't on her agenda. I'll for sure see you in '10.

Ed

Guest msht9o

Roger that, that is what I am looking for, the bits and pieces to make it all work. Thanks for the info