Reatta Trunk

Guest Stormbringerut

Guest Stormbringerut

I have a couple trunk issues. My tunk is very stiff to open and the plastic latch that keeps it up on one of the struts is broken. Somebody mounted the struts upside down (barrel down and arm up) and I have changed that. The struts will not keep the trunk up and I will replace them. My question is where can I find the plastic part that keep the trunk up?

My key to unlock the trunk will not go into the hole. I have tried some of the the tricks to get the key to work but no dice. I plan to have a locksmith replace the lock.

Mike.

Jim finn can probably help you with both the trunk latch and the lock. Unless you take the new/replacement lock to a locksmith, you will have a third key to keep track of.

I have had success using PB blaster to free up a frozen lock. It takes some patience, but it will work. My neighbor had a truck topper he never locked. Never put a key in it. After 10 years he wanted to lock it. The key woudn't go in. Some persuasion with PB blaster and it was working like new within 20 minutes. As for the cartridges for the trunk. I'm not sure what you mean by plastic part that keeps the trunk up. The pressure of the cartridges should be enough. I wonder id the PO had one of the little clamps you put on the strut rod for the cartridge to keep it from moving.

Guest Stormbringerut

"I wonder id the PO had one of the little clamps you put on the strut rod for the cartridge to keep it from moving".

That must be what that part is. Does anybody know where I can get some new struts?

Mike.