Circa 1928 Car to ID - Service with a Smile

Grandpa

Guest Robin Coleman

I truly believe that some of you could smell a sample of exhaust gas from an old car and tell what it came from!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robin Coleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I truly believe that some of you could smell a sample of exhaust gas from an old car and tell what it came from!</div></div>

I don't know if I would go THAT far, but I can tell the difference between a Ford starting up and a Chrysler starting up. Well, at least I USED to be able to.

Grandpa, it is good to see high quality pics from an earlier era - we don't see many that are as clear as this one. I am intrigued by the spotlight mounted on the side. They seem to have been a popular (?) accessory - presumably to be able to read road signs at night. Perhaps an earlier version of the ones which were put through the windscreen (?) on '30s and '40s cars. I have seen lights like that but never the mounting bracket. I wonder who made them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robin Coleman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I truly believe that some of you could smell a sample of exhaust gas from an old car and tell what it came from!</div></div>

I don't know if I would go THAT far, but I can tell the difference between a Ford starting up and a Chrysler starting up. Well, at least I USED to be able to. </div></div>

That's like listening to a pre 1960's John Deere, next to a Farmall. shocked.gif Dandy Dave!