1940 Buick ????

Guest rlowrod

Guest rlowrod

I just picked up a 1940 Buick 4dr with suicide doors, it's missing a few chrome strips and needs some rubber around some of the glass.

It looks like these share many of the same parts as other models, like Chevy, Cadi and Olds. does antone know if there is a parts crossover listing or do they just look the similar on the internet? I'm kinda new to the prewar cars and I would be greatful for any help I can get.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest rlowrod

Thanks Bill, I just did the buy me now thing on one listed on E-bay. Never crossed my mind to look there.

Thanks!

Guest rlowrod

Wow, your right, those are going to come in handy, Bobsautomobilia has a new customer, going to order the head light rings and retainers. THANKS!

Hi.Rlowrod. How about some pictures I have a 1940 century with two sidemoumts I also have parts car let me know what you need I will let you know if I have a good part for it.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

post-33125-143138080856_thumb.jpg

Guest 4bigben

Frank.

I am restoring my 1940 Buick Super Sedan and in need of the center pilar moulding for the right and left side,also if you have the stone guards for the left and right side i would like to purchase them from you.My e-mail is velt72@aol.com or telephone 973 715 8948,

Thanks for a reply......Duane

Guest rlowrod

Hi Frank, I need both side hood chrome strips and the passanger side rear one, both side cowl chrome pieces, running board chrome, both hood latch handles, Tail light lenses, trunk emblem glass / plastic pieces, emblem and chrome between the grills, windshield, both vent windows and driver side rear window, running board rubber, all of the inside door handles and window cranks and a passanger side rear fender if I can find one. I could fix the one I have but I would like to find another one. Let me know what if anything you have, my direct e-mail is wrightmike90@yahoo.com.

thanks,

Mike

Guest rlowrod

2mhdf.jpg

Just got it a couple days ago, pretty solid with a little rust around the areas where the bumper brakets pass throught the body but the floors and trunk are solid.

Has been converted to a V8, automatic,power stearing, new front clip and disk brakes.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi guys. I didn't forget anybody is just that I'm down in North Carolina. When I get home or after the Colorado meet I will get better detail to you guys and let you know what I have. I live up in Massachusetts and be willing to let the whole car go except for the drivetrain I will pull pieces off if I can so I will get back to you.

Have a great Buick day

Frank

• 5 weeks later...
Guest rlowrod

Thanks, I'll check into it. the parts interchange info I've found so far is mostly good for Chevy's and what Buick, Caddie and Oldsmobile parts fit them, not so much the other way round.

Thanks again,

Mike

Guest drmeam

I have acquired a 1940 Buick Model 81 C 4 Door Convertible. Body Number 230. Can anyone direct me to someone that my help me find some information about it?

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ddove1972

Good morning everyone. I have a 1940 Buick Super Eight that I ALMOST have back on the road. I have one issue that I need help with. I need the front brake cyllinder PINS that go from the wheel cyllinder to the brake shoes. A part so small is stopping me from getting out on the road. They do not have to be new (I can clean them up) I just need the pins so that I have front brakes.

Thanks in advance for any assitance

ddove1972,

I don't have one but checking my chassis parts manual that pin is Group 4.675 part number 509233 and fits 1936 Ser 40: 1937-38-39 Ser 40-60; 1940-41 Ser 40-50-60-70 and all '41, 42' and '46 buicks both front and rear. I don't have my Hollender manual handy but I bet there are some other GM cars that also have it.

Hopefully this may make it easier to find.

Since it fits 37-38 Buicks have you tried Dave Tachney in MN. 763-427-3460. I bet he has it, and he is great guy, too!

Guest ddove1972

Thank you very much for the part numbers. That is all I needed. Looks like that is the same part number for the Pontiac and I found the place to order them (Automobile Archives) for $4.00.

I appreciate all of your time looking the part numbers up in your reference book.