Looking at 90-93 Rivieras

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest msht9o

Just got back from Sacramento, I really appreciate folks with an interest in the 86 to 93's or the Baby Rivs as Ray calls them. I've had my 92 since 96 and enjoy the heck out of it. It drives like a dream and gets 28 mpg. Not the fastest car on the lot but plenty enough for me. Problems are glare off the dash when the sun get just right. A dash rug solves that. I've had a continuing problem with the a/c. Think we finally found a technician that has solved that bit, a computer go figure. Right now we are looking for a body control module, C-3. I also dislike the road noise which I considered too much. That is until Marge bought a Caddie ElDorodo. The Blue Canoe is really quiet when compared to her car. The biggest problem has been long drives. Looks to be another one next year to Hershey for the ROA.

Guest RivMike

I am selling a sharp 1992 Riv. I don't see many nice looking pearl white paint jobs. The color changes with the light. The miles are on the high side, but the car has been taken care of. I have owned it since 1994. Check out my post by RivMike. They will come to be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!!! Guess some of you may have started wondering where I've been. OUT DRIVIN MY NEW BABY RIV, WHERE ELSE.....

I'm lovin it. Drives low to the ground, literally hugs the road in curves and smooth as silk.

The seller turned out to be a very nice guy, had taken excellent care of the car over the years and had pretty much decided not to sell had I not bought it when I did. I delivered a 54 Century to Kansas City then turned left and headed down to Fort Scott to pick up the Riv. After loading the car and heading southeast I realized MapQuest had routed me right through the middle of the Ozarks. Would have been great had I been driving the Riv but a 1500 Silverado towing the Riv wasn't much fun. I think I came through some beautiful country but don't really know as I couldn't take my eyes off the road for all the curves and hills and hill with curves and motorcycles all over the road. Anyhow I made it home and have truly been enjoying the car. Planning a trip to Savannah next weekend so will really get to enjoy some touring.

Just want to thank Tim, Ed, Charlie, Nathaniel, Randall, Marty, Bob and Mike for all your thoughts and help. I especially want to thank Dave Shipman though. He talked me through a couple others before I came to my senses and determined this is my dream car and I better go get it and now.

Look forward to meeting you all some day. Guess I'll be joining the Rivi Club soon.

thanks again guys

Lamar

The previous owners. They've owned Rivieras since 64.

100_7347.jpg

Oh Hwy 13 in Bolivar I believe this was. this place is having a hell of an antique auto auction this coming weekend

100_7377.jpg

Something strange in my rvm, it's usually a 54

100_7385.jpg

MY RIVI, MY LOVE AND ME

100_7407.jpg

MY RIVI, MY BEST FRIENDS AND ME

100_7409.jpg

BLACK BEAUTY

100_7392.jpg

I am selling a sharp 1992 Riv. I don't see many nice looking pearl white paint jobs. The color changes with the light. The miles are on the high side, but the car has been taken care of. I have owned it since 1994. Check out my post by RivMike. They will come to be appreciated.

RivMike, I think you're right. "They WILL come to be appreciated" . Hope you don't mind if I borrow that phrase. ;)

Mr Earl,

Glad to have assisted. Now the last item on your list is to join the ROA. As I'm sure you know, loads of BCA folks are also ROA members. I'll even list the URL for you: www.rivowners.org (no excuses now!). Next international meet is in Harrisburg, PA, June 21-24, 2010. Bring 'Black Beauty'..we "Baby Riv" owners are growing in numbers.

By the way, my wife is starting to become "less afraid" of 50's era Buicks, so I might be calling on your expertise/assistance at some time in the future.

Mr. Earl,

You should have been more specific about delivering your car to Kansas City. I live in the area (Shawnee, KS is a suburb on the KS side about 7 miles from the state line) and we could have met for lunch. Sorry we missed each other. As Ship says "No excuses for not joining the ROA now." Looking forward to seeing you in Hershey/Harrisburg.

Ed

Oh yeah! Both home town products. Ollie Gates has been serving BBQ for many years now. "HI, May I help you." Ring a bell? The Boulevard Brewing company started small a number of years ago and has since become a first class micro brewery.

I drive through Ft. Scott often on my way to visit my brother in Ft.Smith, AR.