2010 Grand National Host Hotel Information

MCHinson

It is not really my place to post this, but being from NC, and having already made my reservation...

For those of you who missed the announcement at Gettysburg...

I realize that it seems early to start thinking about this, but as was announced at the Judging School in Gettysburg, If you want to go to the 2010 Grand National (May 13-15, 2010), and stay at the Host Hotel, you might want to make your reservation soon.

In addition to the 2010 Grand National, there is also a motorcycle event in New Bern that weekend. Rooms will be going fast...

The Host Hotel, the former Sheraton, is currently called the New Bern Riverfront Inn, and it will soon be a Hilton.

You can call them direct now and book your reservations at 252-638-3585. I don't know how many rooms they have blocked for AACA but I understand that they already have over 40 rooms reserved as of this afternoon.

The announcement about the Grand National host hotel and other events in the area was also made at the membership roundtable and IIRC at the judges breakfast as well.

I made my reservation at the host hotel this morning.

From what I could tell from my web searching, there are not a lot of other hotel options in the New Bern area.

The few hotels that are in the area seemed to have weekday & weekend pricing.

When comparing similar accomodations, the host hotel appears to be less expensive with the AACA Rate than some other hotels rates.