first senior

Hi I recieved my first junior in 2002 and had not had my 1967 GTO Royal Bobcat out since ,Brought it to Gettysburg for its senior but the mud got the best of me .Is there a time frame involved .or will it revert back to where I would have to achieve junior status again ... I must admit I am somewhat crazy and overprotective about it as it was a 15+ year restoration and I have owned it (or maybe it owned me} for over 40 years.... Stuart

Quite simply ,I do not want the underside full of mud, and I saw some cars being pushed into the parking spot. I truly admire the cars and the owners that were on the field . They were ALL spectacular I hope this explains it to your satisfaction, Very respectfully ... Stuart

Stuart, I gather you left it in the trailer. I considered doing the same thing for a few minutes but decided I didn't drive 5+ hours for nothing! ...So, I'll be cleaning the next couple of nights. wink.gif

I don't have an answer to your question but I know that the AACA seems to love shows on grass. If you are that particular, you might want to steer to the AACA shows on asphalt,,,,like Hershey. smile.gif

Good Luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CT Mark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stuart, I gather you left it in the trailer. I considered doing the same thing for a few minutes but decided I didn't drive 5+ hours for nothing! ...So, I'll be cleaning the next couple of nights. wink.gif

I don't have an answer to your question but I know that the AACA seems to love shows on grass. If you are that particular, you might want to steer to the AACA shows on asphalt,,,,like Hershey. smile.gif

Good Luck! </div></div>

I too considered leaving my car in the trailer at Gettysburg.

I walked the Gettysburg field Friday afternoon and in the evening as well as Saturday morning.

Parts of the field appeared to have actually improved overnight Friday night.

BTW, I was far from the only car owner to walk the fields at Gettysburg. It seemed to be a very popular form of exercise. smile.gif

I got my car on the show field pretty early (had to get to the judges breakfast) at Gettysburg.

That might have helped as I spent a lot less time cleaning my chassis today than I thought I would.

Did have to clean my car trailer more than normal since I brought back some mud & grass samples from Gettysburg.

FYI CT Mark, the car show at Fall Hershey is held on a former golf course (ie Grass) for the last couple of years now.

I did notice that some cars got more mud than others. The English sports and '50s GM cars got lucky and were on high ground right next to the asphalt access road. The white-tired brass cars got the soggy low ground. They did drop straw where it was most muddy, so it didn't look horrible. At least the sun was out! It is possible to stay clean, however:

Cadillac.jpg

Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FYI CT Mark, the car show at Fall Hershey is held on a former golf course (ie Grass) for the last couple of years now.

</div></div>

Is that right? frown.gif I haven't been to Hershey for a few years. Last time I was there it was in the Giant Center parking lot. Where is it now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: F&J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not up on most muscle cars...but does royal bobcat refer to something special from Royal Pontiac? Pics please smile.gif</div></div>

Yes....Royal Bobcat was a model that came from "Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac" in Royal Oak, Michigan on Main Street. These were the factory sponsored race cars from the dealership.

post-37352-143138079324_thumb.jpg

Stuart, I wish you had put it on the showfield, but it is your car, so you get to decide what to do with it.

The answer to your question is that your car's 1st Junior is still on the car and the next time you take it out of the trailer and put it on the show field, you will be competing for your Senior Award.

I got a little bit of mud on my 1929 Model A Ford Phaeton in the trailer parking area (I was parked near the back of the trailer parking area...), but at least my area of the showfield was in relatively good shape.

I did get my shoes pretty muddy judging, but I volunteered to Judge Chassis, so I knew what I was getting into. The showfield was too big and I was too busy to see all of the cars, but it was a great show. Gettysburg Region did a great job on all the things that they could control, but as we all know, we can't control the weather.

Hey Stuart, sorry I didn't get to see that GTO! I was really looking forward to it. There was a good selection of Poncho muscle on the field including some nice Firebird 400s so you would have been in good company. I've always said the only difference between trailer and non-trailer cars is the amount of effort needed to clean them.

Terry

Stuart I also considered just leaving the car in the trl. but god hates a coward so we joined the ranks of the mud brgrade. I cant understand why grass is so popular when paved lots are available. If its dry its perfect, but after a few days of rain its a nightmare. I had to be in Bethleham for a show Sunday, and spent over 4 hrs. cleaning Sat. night.Except for the mud the show was realy perfect. The G/burg folks all deserve a large round of aplause for a job not only well done but done perfect. Thanks G/burg

Charley Im sorry I missed you, I looked for you at the hotel and show field. I did have a t/shirt for you, and proudly displayed mine at the hotel and several of G/burgs. shops and resturaunts. I saw your car and wondered how you got to be first in line,now I know.

One last time thank you G/burg.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AACA seems to love shows on grass. If you are that particular, you might want to steer to the AACA shows on asphalt,,,,like Hershey.</div></div>Hershey hasn't been on asphalt since 2005, but the grass at Hershey hasn't been that bad at all.

To everyone's delight, the 2010 Eastern Division National Spring Meet will have the show field on asphalt!!!

The contract has been signed and returned, the show field is all set, so as the Meet Chairman, you can take that to the bank. I will caution you that if you're bringing trailers, you may want to get in early. One of the trailer parking lots is asphalt and it has been secured. I still need to secure two more trailer parking lots, and I will tell you that one of two additional trailer parking lots will be on <span style="font-weight: bold">grass</span> (but not in a farmer's field). This isn't by choice, but I'll have to work with the space that I can get. Of course the more cars that show up to our meet, the higher your chance will be to have to park your trailer on grass.

Most of the hotels in our area are not big enough to allow for trailers. I have a vacant Wal-Mart store, but there is no gaurantee that the building will still be vacant in 2010.

Yes, it is on grass. It is however, high ground, a former golf course, well drained, and I recommend you bring that car out of the trailer there. (In my limited experience, The only problem I had at Hershey was in the trailer parking lot, the show field was OK)

Straight from the Hershey Region website....

"The meet is located in beautiful Hershey, PA on the <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">grounds and parking lots</span></span> surrounding Hersheypark and The Giant Center."

The Eastern Meet is more than a car show, it's a combination of things.

So, Yes, the meet is held on the Giant Center parking lots, but also the numerous fields and on the old golf course, which is actually where the judging itself is performed.

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Hershey positively on grass I seem to remember it was on blacktop ???</div></div>Last fall I got the chance to speak with the President of the Hershey Region. If I recall correctly, I was told that the Hershey signs a 3-year contract with HERCO for the meet, so basically they aren't able to change much pertaining to the meet for three years.

Of course as Hershey continues to grow, areas available for the meet may be eliminated, and whatever it is, they may get stuck with it for three years.

Grass has its' advantages and disadvantages, but I'll take that grass show field any day of the week over the old Yellow Flea Market Field.

In either case you have to play the cards that have been dealt to you. Hershey Region does a good job.