G'Burg Meet Is Now HISTORY

Siegfried

Darn!! You guessed right. Gettin' older but still as goofy as ever! See you at the Museum. I'm bring the newly christened DPC '84 Rabbit hot rod. Well, not exactly a hot rod, but it sure is uncivilized compared to my '05 Jetta. Even compared to the '85 Jetta for that matter. Still fun to drive and does it attract attention with those Pa. Antique plates. Had an extra set of the old Purple plates and transferred them to the Rabbit. Cost was a whooping $28.50 for the transfer. I really wish PaDOT had stayed with the purple plate. You can still get purple antique motorcycle plates.

As first-time trailorists we were traumatized when we checked in to the quality inn and were told there was one parking spot per room. A few club members advised us to park the trailer at the Eisenhower. So we ran down there only to find out they had just run out of trailer space. However they were parking overflow at a firehouse down the road. Club members there helped us park our rented open U-Haul trailer. They donated wood and rocks to set our trailer on and block the wheels. They also advised us on what type of lock to get for the trailer. The clerk at the Eisenhower directed us to the local U-Haul dealer and advised us of a vacancy for Saturday. Other club members helped push my Mach 1 out of the mud twice on the show field. To all who helped us we say thank you so much. And thanks to the Gettysburg region for a great show!