Waukesha/International XAH 6B 4 cyl. engine

Guest 34 Pierce Guy

Guest 34 Pierce Guy

I recently picked up a '31 XAH 6B engine with a project car and wondered what different applications it was used in (truck or machinery). Any input about potential value of a XAH 6B engine that's been sitting in a field for a while?

Guest Robin Coleman

Don't know every application, but they were used in draglines and fire engines. Waukesha had a factory in nearby Memphis until about 25 or 30 years ago.

I am now working on a 4 cylinder Waukashaw that is used in a 1930 Universal 3/4ths swing power shovel that is at the CAMA show grounds in Kent Connecticut. IHC Famall used a 4 cylinder Waukashaw in the first 3000 F-12 Farmall Tractors that were built in the early 1930's. A popular engine in the old days but is rather hard to locate parts for Waukashaw engines today. Dandy Dave!

Guest 34 Pierce Guy

Thanks for the information! I appreciate the input from both of you as I don't have any experience with Waukesha's. I'll have to browse around and see if I can get a good idea as to what the value of mine is.

• 1 year later...
Guest maudsley

I recently aquired a Waukesha 4 cyl flat head magneto crank engine which acts as the power plant for a Fitzhenry & Guptill 3 cyl bronze water pump, which is a tree sprayer. Will shoot a 1 inch stream about 125 feet. It pumps water into a 250 gal cyprus wood water tank where you would add your chemicals, and an agitator would keep the mix constant. It would pump your mix through a hose and wand in a single stream to the top of your trees, or use the mist wand for large shrubery. I know little about this engine to this point, as I am researching it right know. I am trying to add a picture of it to my album page. I will check the model # tomorrow to compare to yours.

David

truck is Maudsley.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest noncompos

DAVID: ID'd your sprayer engine yet?? Most likely an FC; if the original engine tag is on the side of the block, perhaps buried under crud etc, it'll probably say FC+ other letters/numbers.

Does it have a radiator, or is the engine cooled by piping engine water thru a coil in the sprayer tank??

34PG: Can fill in some info on your XAH, but not on value, which depends upon how badly someone needs one or a parts engine. Wauk Eng Hist Soc (wehs.me.com) can probably give you some info on it's prod date and orig eqpmt, and they have manuals (so does EBay, usually) but no parts. (The 6B, as I understand, is works code for original eqpmt: carb, ign, etc, and perhaps original user).

Sorry about the late post; don't generally follow any car forums for Wauk engine questions. Bud