blackwall - tire cleaner

sosuzguy

Guest dcdpgh

Jason,

There are probably as many product choices as there are forum members here (OK, maybe not quite), but there are alot. I have found that Simple Green and a stiff brush does a good job of getting the tire clean. A rinse with clear water and the tire is back to square one. I then use a <span style="font-style: italic">light</span> application of Armor All to give the tire a deeper black look. I personally don't like to use too much tire dressing, just enough to give the surface some depth without looking too shiny.

I use a foaming degreaser for cleaning which also happens to be simple green. I have used other foaming degreasers with equal results. Leaves the tire a nice deep black and sometimes I don't put anything else on especially if its a point judged show. I also spray it onto the tire tread and even though you can't get in there to wipe it off, it still makes it look black.

I've tried several tire dressings over the years and have reverted back to Armor-All using the same application method as Dan mentioned. I know the fact that I use Armor-All will make many people cringe. After 30 years of using it on everything, I've never had a problem with it damaging anything.

Guest lvrpool32

A good srub with Westleys Bleche-White with a stiff bristle brush then for a nice satin shine.......silicone free Endust (yellow can) onto a sponge applicator then on the tire.

I agree with the Westley's Bleach White. As far as dressing for the tire ONCE IT'S REALLY CLEAN (the bleach white gets into the pores and no more brown gunk is released) I like the Stoner products. I try my very best to stay away from Armor All. I know what it does to dash boards (the silicone draws the plasticzers to the surface and drys out the vinyl - CRACK.) Once you get them really, really clean, there's usually no need for a dressing.

Ed