Is this Chrysler for real?

Curti

It's probably real. A few (VERY FEW) in 1931 and 1932 were adorned with the DuVall windshield and custom top & fenders. Some simply had the original fenders with the custom top and windshield.

post-37352-143138077305_thumb.jpg

This is a 1932, series CL, (Custom Imperial), with LeBaron body. It's been around for a lot of years. I used to see this car on the show field in Hershey back in the late sixties and early seventies. A very impressive car to say the least. regards; jerry janson

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YES!!!!!!! That is the "Real Deal" it used to be owned by a member of the Westchester (N.Y.) Region of AACA. Last time I saw it it was still in its original paint and upholstery. </div></div>

I think the car you are thinking of belonged to Al Nippert, but his had the pontoon fenders and no running boards. He sold it many years ago. It apparently belonged to Walter P at some point in its life. (They all belonged to Walter P at some point.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Braverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">YES!!!!!!! That is the "Real Deal" it used to be owned by a member of the Westchester (N.Y.) Region of AACA. Last time I saw it it was still in its original paint and upholstery. </div></div>

I think the car you are thinking of belonged to Al Nippert, but his had the pontoon fenders and no running boards. He sold it many years ago. It apparently belonged to Walter P at some point in its life. (They all belonged to Walter P at some point.)</div></div>

I believe this is the one you are referring to...

post-37352-14313807749_thumb.jpg

Guest Indianfour

Sir: I first seen this car about 1963 or 64 at Hershey fall meet. I was really impressed by the lines and curves! I left a note stating that I was very interested in buying it when it was available but naturally everyone else wanted to do so also! I never heard anything but I have never forgotten that beauty! What a car!

I believe it is in the Mark Smith collection now. Jim Kauffman of Atlanta owned it for many years before that. Kauffman is the one who bought it at Hershey, but that was well into the 1980s at that time.

The second car is owned by Sam Mann, last I knew, with a perfect restoration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Braverman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

YES!!!!!!! That is the "Real Deal" it used to be owned by a member of the Westchester (N.Y.) Region of AACA. Last time I saw it it was still in its original paint and upholstery. </div></div>

I think the car you are thinking of belonged to Al Nippert.

I believe this is the one you are referring to... </div></div>

Correct Steve, Al Nippert owned the car I saw, looked very much like the first car in the color photo, NOT the jacked up one in the black and white photo.