65 Headlight motor

capthook505

Great question. I may need the same rebuild on mine. Are there any special suggestions people have regarding rebuilding/re-installing these motors. I would hate to get it rebuilt and burn it out installing it incorrectly....

Thanks!

He's not in your area, but Greg at S & M Electro-Tech, Inc. repaired mine and did a wonderful job. He installed a fuse in the power line so if one of the limit switches fails, the fuse will blow before the motor burns out. He converted a power vent window motor to replace my burned out headlight motor, and it has worked flawlessly for four years.

S & M Electro-Tech, Inc.

8836 Xylite St. NE

Blaine, MN 55449-5007

(877) 780-2861

turnswitch.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lowrider70

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: capthook505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all, does anybody know of a good shop where I can get my headlight motor rebuilt in the nyc or long Island area? Thanks, Russ.</div></div>

Well Im after the motor itself, if you know anybody with one for sale? The connecting rod-arms would be desireable too, but not essential. So long as the motor is at least in a serviceable condition. Thanks.

Lowrider 70

1st) We're a really friendly group and we're all on a first name basis. Who are you? smile.gif

2nd) I have a good motor w/ both arms and all the wiring including boots. The stamped part number is 6045412 and it's date stamped 2-66. I'd rather sell them here than list them on ebay. Find out if it will work on your 65 and make me an offer. (Anyone can make me an offer as far as that goes.)

Ed

• 1 month later...
Guest Lowrider70

Sorry for the late reply Ed... Ive only recently become an ROA member and, not yet aware of how to use all the site functions to my benefit! Is there a way (in settings) where I can set my preferences to receive email notifications, when there's been a reply to a post Im subscribed to? Thanks.

Ned.