Fuse links on 90 TC 3.0

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hey, Anybody, I'm chasing wires, on the fuse links originating from the one fan shaped connection I have a large red wire that has been messed with, maybe some has replaced one of the links. Looks like there may have been two links branching from this red wire at one time? Trying to decide where this link goes. According to my servive manual there is no red wire coming from this fan, shows 3 orange wires. All the other wires I have found where they go. JUST trying to be safe.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest My TC Toy

Clayton,

You must be looking at the wrong manual. My manual for a 90 (red cover)shows Black, Red Dark Blue, Grey, Orange and White coloured fusible links. Maybe someone has been fooling with it or at least replaced links with the wrong ones. Page 8W-4 shows the link colours and replacement procedure.

Good luck.

Guest CHRYSLER TC

My TC Toy,

MY page 8W-4 shows the same thing, but I'm looking on page 8W-39 Trying to make sure these all go to the right place. My fuse links are Or. Red, Gry, Blu, Or, Gry and Grn. The J1 20OR and the J11 22WT on that page are the one's I really have not found where they go for sure yet. I'm sure someone has messed with the wiring, that's why I'm checking everything so close. I had to replace all of the ABS fuse & relay to ABS pump & motor wiring.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest My TC Toy

I am not sure I I read you, but the continuation of the two wires you mention is on page 8W-35 on top of the page. If someone did change the fusible links with the incorrect ones, is there any evidence of the original wire colours to go by?

Guest CHRYSLER TC

My Red wire is coming straight out of the molded fan, looks like this red wire connected to two fuse links. one is white, the other is cut off, looks like cut one may have been orange ?, a black fuse link has been spliced in above the white link and ties into a large red wire, the white link ties into two red,white wires. Too hard to explain, I guess I will have just have to keep digging, I wouldn't worry so much, but my ABS wiring was a mess. They had the ABS motor hooked so it would run all the time, that's why it burn out.

Thanks for trying,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Hey Clayton,

I just returned home so I can't go fiddling with my TC yet. ~ BUT ~ There was a thread with pictures on the forum about a year ago. Check it out.. Good Luck, Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Lou, thanks for replying, I've gone through the last 2 years twice now, did not find anything. Maybe it's listed under something I didn't look at. What's confusing me is my car fuse link colors and my service manual don't agree. The area where my fuse links originate looks orignial.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

From the positive post there is a heavy wire that goes to a black torpedo looking connector that is behind the battery this feeds the fan shaped multi fuseable links. I will try to take a picture of one of mine tomorrow. lz

Guest LouZ

Hey Clayton,

Do you have the manual page that lists the AMP value of the links according to color.?? Do you have the manual page that shows the connections and wire routing.?? Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hi Lou,

All I have is page 8W-4 in burgany book, gives color and gage only of links, on page 8W-38 & 39 show wire termination. Book link colors and my car colors don't match. This book was sold to me as a 1990 service manual.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Yes the redish book is for '90-'91, the blue book is for '89.

Did my pictures help.? they are from my '91. Should be the same as '90. If there is something you want to see better, just let me know. I'll try another picture. Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Lou,

The problem I'm having is I had to replace all my ABS fuse & relay wiring, it was all hagging loose in my car. I'm still trying to find out what they have done on the fuse link side. I thought I had everything in good shape until I turned my key on, now my radiator fan motor starts as soon as I do this which it didn't do before I replaced all ABS wiring. I do think the big red wire had a white & yellow wire connecting to it instead a white & orange. I'm still chasing wires, I've got to get this car going again.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Are you sure the AC is turned off on the dash control.? If the ac switch is on or in any way the fan will run all the time ~ Also ~ If your defroster is on that includes the AC. lz

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hello,

Lou, AC or defroster not on, my radiator fan motor still runs as soon as turn ingition switch to run. Really all I did was add fuse & relay wiring, spliced into all of the existing abs pump & motor ass'y connectors, They had a power wire connected to the abs motor, everything going to the abs fuse & relay block had been disconnected. I guess I'm just going to keep digging til I find what's wrong.

Thanks,

Clayton

Guest CHRYSLER TC

I got my ABS sytem up and going today with rebuilt pump & motor assembly, also replaced ABS fuse & relay wiring, bleed brakes per instructions. Everything seems to working fine, except my radiator fan still runs all the time. I'm excited that I've got my brakes fixed, been kind of pricy though.

Regards,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

Yes that pump is pricey. The accumulator is supposed to prevent it from working too hard. Keep those pages from the Reatta forum handy and anytime you think something is not right run thru that troubleshooting list. I've had trouble with the fan not running, where I had to turn on the AC so it would keep running till I got home; (it was the relay) but never had one that ran all the time. I lean toward a fuse link went bad and someone jumped it somewhere. Good Luck, Lou

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Thanks Lou, the thing that confuses me is that is was not doing this before I replaced my abs fuse & relay wiring. Though I did have a mechanic do some trouble shooting on my transmission electronics and when I drove it home it could have been running then and I didn't notice. Going to install new computer for tranny tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Clayton

Guest LouZ

The service manual does have electrical diagrams showing all the splices and locations for the circuits. That may help.. LZ

• 1 month later...
Guest camc61

Hello,I have a 1990 TC i am having problems with the brakes also I can stop the car by mashing down on the brake pedal (very hard to stop) i have an orig shop manual i checked power to the pump motor there is non.My question is where are the abs relays and 30 amp fueses located.? the book doesnt say it only shows a diagram of harnes and says to abs relays but doesnt show location.I found the abs controll under dash pass side.Please can anyone help me

thanks

Guest LouZ

On the inside of the front fender, Passenger side there is a black box . About 4" long x 2" wide x 3" high.On each end (long sides), there are 2 release clips. When you remove the cover you will see 2 oversize fuses & 3 relays, 1 black, 1 green, 1 yellow or orange. 2 of these control the brakes. Very often these wires are corroded, or melted, or just blackened from the heat. The heavy red wire under there is often the problem. That feeds your ABS brake motor.

If you are new to TCs you are in for a surprise about these brakes. They are some of the best in the world . They are derived from Gran Prix / Formula 1 race cars. TEVES brand or type name. The operate on about 2900 lbs pressure

Go to: Reatta Data Page you will find about 5 pages print them out and then go check out your car. The brake system also has it's own computer. it's mounted on the inner kick panel on the passenger side. Good Luck, Lou

Guest camc61

thanks for info is the ABS electronic control unit the sams thing? as the hydraulic control unit I found the control unit at the kick panel (pass side) just wondering my shop manuel shoes both on the schematic

Guest camc61

I checked the fuses and none where blown but still not getting power to pump motorI noticed some changed the control unit on pass kick panel there is a spare in the back don't know if its good or not or if they were playing guessing by changing stuff.Should there be power to the pump motor with key off? or on? I pumped brakes 20 times like book say and pump motor not comming on

Guest camc61

Just got the brakes working wire were coroaded so cleaned them and turn on key and pump came on have good brakes now

thanks for your help

Guest CHRYSLER TC

Hi camc61; The fuses are located under the hood on the right front just forward of the engine motor mount. They are in a black box about 2" x 2" x 4" long with a wire bail to hold cover on. Good luck, I hope it's not your ABS motor.

Clayton