Forum Breakfast in Colorado

Bill Stoneberg

I have been to the hotel in Colorado and while it is nice, there is not really anyplace to have our usual raucous forum breakfast without seriously p**sing other people off.

But it is a buffet and there are rooms close by and I will bet the hotel will let us use one. I will ask when I get there at the beginning of the week. Friday at 7:30 works well for everyone ?

In the mean time, how many of us are there going to be and are we going to have a gift exchange again ? I want to make sure before I dig through my aborted E-bay buys looking for something I really don't need.

Lets keep running count to make it easy.

I am # 1 for breakfast

Guest imported_MrEarl

I regret to say that only the Spirit of MrEarl will be there. smile.gif I'd like to reserve #54 please. Anyone care to receive and present my gift in my absence? smile.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

#6...I don't know if The Boss should be #7. She's figuring it is best she stays with the kids, which is probably good.

Heck, Bill, we're filling the hotel...who is there to PO other than BCA members? wink.gif

Well, Lamar, Iowa is closer...no excuses next year, especially since current plans are for a certain Gull Gray wagon to drive down.

Was just discussing this with the Wife earlier this evening. Hadn't seen or heard anything about it and was wondering if it was going to happen. Count me in. Last year in Flint was my 1st, and was a He _ _ of alot of fun. Not sure of the wifes' plans at this time, but I've got a little over a month to try and coax her. And if a certain couple of board members from the far NW suburbs of Chicago work on her during that week-- who knows???? Looking forward to seeing everyone again next month in Colorado. Everyone, have a safe trip in.

Guest imported_Thriller

Actually, I think Roy is #9...Suzanne is out and Don's wife is waffling...I won't try to convince her since she hasn't met me yet...and I guess I'm in the FAR, FAR NW suburbs crazy.gif

I think I have already said I will be there somewhere on this site, but let me be there out of sequence as number 59 in honor of the 59 Buick! I am anxious to give you guys a little taste of two states really-Texas and Arkansas. We Texans like a big breakfast! Charles D. Barnette-if pressed I might even lead us all in rounds of the song "The Eyes Of Texas Are Upon You"!

I have to chime in here also. Lana and I will not be there this year but our hearts will be with you. We will also send something to spice up the proceedings.

It looks like Bill is the co-ordinator this year so I will be sending something to your home.

Stevo

Derek,

Good one. If its' not the far, far NW Chicago suburbs, we could just say over the State line. Looking forward to share some more B.S. (Buick Speak)time with you. That may also give you a chance to help convince her, If I or Kris haven't already twisted her arm by that time. Will be bringing the "Senior" this year. Give you something different to check out. Have a safe trip. See you in the Springs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old-tank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charles

Please no "Eyes Of Texas" around this Aggie!

Willie </div></div> Ah! I see a good Texas rivalry has emerged on this site. I should feel right at home in Colorado Springs! I am sure we can make room for the Aggie War Hymn as well. I may have to bring my new 5 volume set of Aggie jokes. However for the record I graduated from Baylor University in Waco, Texas, so we will have to sing "That Good Old Baylor Line" sung to the tune of "In The good Old Summertime". Although I had two brothers graduate from UT at Austin in Aerospace Engineering, we do have a Texas A&M branch in Texarkana that we are very proud of and are building a beautiful new campus here as I type this post. I will arrive in Colorado Springs on Thursday in time to organize a massive choir out of the B59 folks celebrating 50 years of the 59 Buick. I will have them at the breakfast as well to sing San Antonio Rose by Bob Wills, Yellow Rose of Texas, and end it all with Willie Nelson's "Crazy" song (I am a church piano player and if there is a piano in the Breakfast Room I think we could draw the largest crowd you ever had for a Forum Buick Breakfast!). Only the love of Buick can bring Aggies and UT Texans harmoniously together! Charles D. Barnette

It sure looks like the Forum Breakfast Meeting is going to be the event to put on your schedule. I really hate to miss it but family committments this year make it impossible to make the trip. (Family committment is our youngest daughter getting married later in the fall. This event severly limits our discretionary spending for this year.)

stevo

Stevo,

Well, we can see where we rate dont we...

I cant believe you are missing the forum breakfast just to get you daughter married. The Elvis chapel in Vegas is quite reasonable.

Seriously, we will miss you and look forward to seeing you in Iowa next year.

We will work out the BOD meeting and the breakfast as I dont want to miss any of the fun or singing.

Hmm, maybe a Texas shirt would be a good gift.....

Guest wildcat62

Bill, I'll be there. Count me in.

Stevo and Lana, you will be missed.

Don, We'll work on her.

Derek, sure Suzanne and the kids might not wanna join in?

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildcat62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Derek, sure Suzanne and the kids might not wanna join in? </div></div>

Sigh...thanks for asking...now she's being wishy-washy on it.

Bill, that's probably 4 more...although from past experience this has tended to be slightly on the adult side of entertainment....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have been late in responding, but please include me on the forum breakfast. With all the other messages, I am no longer sure of the number sequence, but I may be #12. My wife will likely be sleeping in.

I quess we are planning on the gift exchange again, but could someone please let me know for sure. I am flying so will try to find something light to include for that.

John Scheib

Mike,

My gift for the swap is currently in the hands of the US Post Office on the way to The Stoneberg residence in Austin, Texas. Sorry we can not make it this year......hopefully next year.

Mike, Have a good time for me without me.

stevo

Mike,

My supply of Slivovitz is down to about 3 cases. I did not know you were aware of the Serbian nectar of the plum tree. I had two bottles with me in Flint last year. You and I will definitely have to get into it the next time.

Zivio!

Stevo

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like only the Spirit of MrEarl will be there. smile.gif I'd like to reserve #54 please. Anyone care to receive and present my gift in my absence? smile.gif </div></div>

anybody? smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will get it out monday, look for it in the mail </div></div>

Mr. Earl, arrived yesterday, and when I pulled in the driveway and saw a box on my doorstep, I said, well never mind what I thought, but it's here safe and sound and with all the warnings on it I don't dare try to sneak a peak! Thanks!

I got Stevo's prize, giveaway, gift in the mail this week too

We should have a lot of fun at Breakfast Friday morning. If any of you are on the fence, get off of it and come join us. Its always a lot of fun and who knows, you may end up with something you really need.

If not, pick a gift and take it from someone just because.

But to play, you have to bring a gift. It could be anything from a set of candles to Buick books to bad ebay purchases (I am SO embarresed).

Last year we had about 20 of us, with over 600 people registered this year we ought to be able to get at least 10 % participation.

The more the merrier.....