Looking to See if Anyone Wants to Trade Me Their 65 Riv?

Guest James Welcome

Guest James Welcome

HI, I have a 1971 Riviera and a 1966 Riviera. Both complete cars that are excellent mechanically with good solid frames and excellent interiors. Both presentable, registered and insured. I'm a lawyer and I even drive my 71 to court once in a while. I would estimate the value of each car is between 3K to 5K because both need exterior bodywork and minor cosmetic interior stuff to be mint. I was thinking about this on the ride home from work and wonder if it would ever work out--do you think anyone (either you or someone you know) may be interested in trading me their nice 1965 Riv for both of my Rivs? Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone is interested. I have many pictures of both and am not looking to get rid of them--but just really like the 65s. Email me or call me if interested: Jamesawelcome@yahoo.com or 203-605-0346. Thanks!!

You probably knew this comment was coming.....Keep the 66 and 71 and buy a 65. A 65,66, and 71; Jeez, thats the creme of the crop. 66/67 and the 71 are at the tippy-top of my favorites list but someday I'll probably have a 65.

Good Luck

Hmmmmm. . .trade a nice '65 for two projects worth $6k to 10k total? A nice '65 is probably worth more than $10k. I'd agree with JZ and suggest you restore one, but you'd always lust after a '65. For me, that's the only year the Riviera was made. Good luck.